I have heard that chiropractic method can relieve pain using spinal manipulation. That can relieve some types of back and neck pain and other conditions related to tightness and loss of mobility. Since I have something like tension headache or aching in muscles and joints, I was thinking if chiropractic might help me. My friend told me that rational chiropractic method can offer all of these modalities. That’s why I want to know more about the field of chiropractic working.

Tension headaches, often called muscle-contraction headaches, may benefit from chiropractic manipulation. It is great because that loosens joints and stretches tight neck muscles. Some chiropractic case reports suggest that migraine headache can be relieved with a cervical manipulation. However, true migraine is unlikely to be relieved only by neck manipulation. Any kind of persistent headache should be brought to the attention of your family physician or a neurologist, and not just left to be solved with chiropractic. And so should any headache accompanied by fever, vomiting, weakness, a change in speech or vision, or any other symptoms. Uncomplicated mechanical-type problems of the muscles or joints of the shoulder, elbow, ankle, foot, etc. can often be helped by a competent chiropractor who uses physical therapy. Most chiropractors learn manipulative techniques for treatment of extremity joints. Problem is that these joints often benefit as much from mobilization as from manipulation.