Hi, guys. I have a cat that I have been keeping for two years. However, he had some problems with urinating, so I took him to a vet. It seems that he has some kidney disease. I would like to know about the life expectancy for cats with kidney disease. Can anyone help me with this piece of info?

A cat on an average lives for 15-20 years but if like you said it is having kidney disease, you can try for treatment. If it gets cured then she will be fine and healthy. Then she can live for for the average life span. But in case of kidney failure if it gets aggravated then it is very difficult for him to survive.

Kidney disease is incurable. All medical options are for increased quality of life. They can even allow the cat to live long enough to die of something else, possibly years. Once a kidney is damaged it is irreparable, but there are numerous options, some getting quite costly given the possibility of treatment over years. This is the type of question to ask your vet about, since they know the specifics of your cat's health and can tell your about their experiences with similar situations.

There are various types of kidney failure. Each types has different causes and treatment. Acute renal failure can be treated if diagnosed in time. On the other hand, chronic kidney failure is harder to treat. 

Are you sure your cat has some type of kidey disease? The way I look at it, she's experiecing urinary tract infection.