I am looking for some help with my mom she is in chronic renal failure we have not started dylasis yet and would like not to as she is 84. she has a chronic cough with thick mucus and I was wondering if a humidifier would help her. If anyone has any suggestions I would appriciate the help .

My husband, 53 years old, has MGN (membranous glomerulonephritis. He is nephrotic (is losing almost 9 grams of protein/day), has suffered a pulmonary embolism in the last year, is anemic, and has a number of other very serious, disturbing problems; one of which, has been a severe cough with very thick mucus. He has coughed so long and so hard sometimes, it leaves him weakenend to the point that he needs to lie down for a half hour. Believe it or not, we are still battling with the medical profession to give us a complete evaluation of his condition and a comprehensive, plan for treatment and/or observation of his illness. I would appreciate finding out if there are more people out there who have had to contend with this many complicating factors to their kidney disease and what sort of prognosis they have been given. As I mentioned he has a few other symptoms that are alarming and few of them have been eplained to us as they relate to this disease. Please write back to me if you have experienced similar things and share any information that could help. :'(

i just ran up on this site and am wondering if "justawife1" has found answers yet.
We are post-transplant and post-rejection (rare) and I'd love to help you if I can

My mom will turn 80 in may of this year she found out in 2014 that she had to go on dialysis she thought that was the worst thing in the world but she's been on it going on three years and has adjusted very well....now the mucus is coming from the fluid that her body is retaining ........dialysis cleans the toxins as well as flood over load.....the humidifier will not help her I tried it with my mom before she started dialysis it just creates more fluid.....try mucinex DM it could possibly help

My husband has renal disease as well and has been receiving dialysis for three years almost. He is experiencing swelling legs and feet and has a very dry cough constantly. He can't sleep lying down he can only sleep sitting up. He is week most of the time. Also lost weight. Can any one help me. The doctors are no help. Worried wife.

My mom used sweet limes and chopped raw garlic twice daily and hers was much better

My mother in law also suffering a lot due to dry cough.she. has kidney problem.is there any conection to both