Hi! I am pregnant and I have high blood pressure. This is my first pregnancy and I am 35 years old. Doctor suggested me to stay in hospital. Should I stay in hospital? How serious is high pressure in pregnancy? Tell me more about this kind of pregnancy complications.

Hi! I had also high blood pressure. I only can tell you that you must follow doctor’s order. High blood pressure in pregnancy is very serious condition. You should stay in hospital for monitoring of this condition. I have healthy baby, and I am ok. And I hope that everything with you and your baby will be ok. Good luck!

I am 30 weeks and developed HBP around 26 wks(considered early for HBP) and never had any BP problems before... the doctors generally tell me to take it easy and be on complete bedrest where i make sure i lay on my left side for at least 2 hours twice a day. DRINK PLENTY OF WATER. I also have to monitor it myself (about once every 5 hours is what they told me) if mine goes 15 points above my normal BP on either # then i have to go to ER (for instance normal 120/80 if above 135/95) I haven't had any other symptoms other than HBP but I know it can turn into pre-eclampsia (you may want to research that or ask your dr) they monitor me frequently,running tests and exams. They haven't said anything about admitting me for a long period of time, but i am in the hospital frequently ( about 3 times a week) my BP has been as high as 159/106 while lying down in the hospital. It is just VERY important that you do what they say and if you know its going up then go to the doctor because it can put your baby in distress. My baby's heartbeat generally is about 140 bpm or lower but when my BP goes up it hits 190 or higher so it's really important to be monitored during that period in case fetal distress is detected so they can do what is best for you and baby, you may have to deliver. I am only 18 and having this problem my mother was 25 and had the same problem so it comes with any age and can be brought about for no reason. Just make sure that your doctor is testing for pre-eclampsia, that condition can be fatal for you and baby if it gets serious

please watch your blood pressure when I was 26 I got pregnant with my son around 25 weeks my doctor did a 24 hour urine test for preclampcia it came back neg. but since my blood pressure was up he wanted me back in 2 weeks when I was 27 weeks they took my son by emergency c-section because I developed eclampcia and both our lives was in danger my son weighed 1 pound 8.6 oz it is a dangerous condition( he is fine almost 9)
I just had my daughter june 30, 2008 I was 25 weeks with her my blood pressure had gotten so high it damaged the placenta and there was blood in the amnio sac by the time they found this out my baby was gone she was stillborn weighing 6.1 oz and 8 inches long.
If anyone has any concerns about blood pressure please talk to your doctor...