For a few months now I have had random annoying pain right behind my left ear, where there is a gland. Thought it was a swollen gland, but 2 doctors have assured me it's not. I have seen a family practitioner and an ear nose and throat, and they have found nothing. The pain started literally one day before I started to have panic attacks and severe anxiety. Since then the pain starts from the glandular area and goes to my chin or down my neck or occassionally up my head. Now I am having the same pain on the other side-exact same places, etc. About 2 weeks ago I started my first "period" that I've had since becoming pregnant with my son two years ago. I've been nursing since he's been born, and didn't have a cycle. But this cycle is very irregular and comes and goes within the lasdt two weeks. Anyone have any issues like this? Could it be glandular? Hormonal? A cyst? Cancer? I really don't feel like going to see 100 doctors and wasting lots of time to get this figured out. I have an appt. in two days and I am giving up after that.

Hi:
Never give up. Could this be a pinched nerve? Could this be stress? Stress can do a lot of weird things to your body. The irregular period seems normal. Your body is trying to normalize and, as you probably know, the nursing can effect that too. You don't want to continue to be in pain, so keep asking for answers. Try a different doctor. Even one can make a difference. I hope you get answers soon. Enjoy your baby. Please let us know what you find out.

I have the same thing. it has been over a year that i have the pains and i get very scared and irritable.  i went to the doctor, and because i took different over the counter medications, my high blood pressure went up so high and he gave me medication for b/p. the medication he gave me, made my cough so hard because of dryness. he changed the medication to benicar it helped not too cough. i am taking a different medication for b/p now and i still have dry cough but not forced as it was the first few months when i first started taking high blood pressure pills. then the doctor said the pain was coming from my rt ear so he flushed out my wax. but the pains behind my left ear is still here. spasm pains, moving from behind my left ear down to my left side neck, lately, i feel around my side left face.  here the doctor is curing me for something, i never thought i have when i went to see him for my left ear pains.

as far as i know, i did not have b/p but because i took different medications to help relieve the pains, i ended up having bp problems.  now, i am taking bp pills. the truth, i am a person who do not run to the doctor, unless probably, i am really scared and do not know what to do and to calm myself down. i have a bad anxiety problems and i try to fight it back and not to run to the emergency room.  when i burp, sometimes it helps to relieve the pains.  it started in early part of 2010 and now is june 2011.  i do not want or i cannot take too many pain relievers because not good with my high blood pressures or not good when you have bp problems? sometimes, i put cold face towel behind my neck it helps then but it keeps coming back.

6-25-2011.