Hello. I'm 26 year old female and I'm pregnant for 20 weeks now. Everything was going just fine but a couple of days ago I have noticed that I suffer from dizziness and ears ringing. When I measured my blood pressure- it was very high.
Of course, I've contacted my general practitioner soon after and he recommended me to do a urine test.
So, he found some special proteins in my urine and told me that he suspects I could develop some disease called toxemia. He told me I can go home but to contact him again in three days for more tests. Can someone please tell me what it going on with me?

I believe I can help you because I know some facts about this condition you’ve mentioned. Toxemia during pregnancy is called preeclampsia and I will tell you some facts about it.
Two main symptoms of this disorder are proteinuria- proteins in urine and high blood pressure.
I don’t know how high your blood pressure was but if it was greater then 160/120mm Hg we are talking about severe preeclampsia.
The real cause of this disorder during pregnancy is still unknown but some scientist claim that an increase of a number of active circulating mediators during pregnancy causes the symptoms.
The only definitive treatment for preeclampsia is delivery of the child!

they are watching me for that condition also and i'm about 30 wks and have very high blood pressure but no protein in my urine but i will tell you that my mother had it and developed it very early just as you are, i believe she was 21 wks. they did hospitalize her after a couple weeks. At home though she had to lie on her left side and make sure she had her feet elevated.. Also she had to be on complete bedrest, if this is not possible you may want to check with a local church or organization about help around the house or childcare... they are very helpful in times of need like that.. the other reply you recieved is right, the only true way to cure pre-eclampsia is delivery of the baby. Also make sure you follow EVERY doctors order because I know that if not treated it can be fatal (not to scare you, but to show you how serious it CAN be) if you notice you are becoming lightheaded or dizzy or just have a weird feeling about your body that something might be wrong, you need to go to the ER if possible. Now a baby can survive in the neonatal ICU a lot of the time at 26+ and sometimes sooner . the doctors will try to wait as long as possible so the baby develops to its potential before delivery would be recommended, but if you already have been diagnosed then chances are that you will deliver before 36 wks (they think i am going to deliver at 35 & I developed HBP at about 26 wks) just take good care of yourself, take your prenatal vitamins and rest rest rest. Also do not be afraid to ask for someones help if you need it, it could make all the difference in the delivery date.