What is the risk of development of high blood pressure in multiple pregnancy like? I have hereditary pattern to have twins, but also normally elevated bp. I want to stay pregnant soon and am 32 years old. Can I help it somehow? Please post.

Well, the risk for development high blood pressure in multiple pregnancies is 3 times greater than in pregnancies with one baby. I guess that you should start visit your gyn more frequently and get prepared for the pregnancy. That way you can check for complications and try to prevent them. Nutrition and weight control are important for bp. As I know, it is advice that women who carry twins gain 35-40 pounds during pregnancy.

High blood pressure is likely in multiple pregnancy, and it could develop to the point of becoming fatal to you and your babies.

When a woman has HBP she needs to see a high risk OBGYN, that way you can be seen more frequently, and the are specialized in care for your situation.