a day after my period, i had sex with my boyfriend,and after 4 days i had a spotting, its something red and pinkish, is this a sign that i am pregnant?please help me, im really scared...

Dear Hay: Sometimes when a fertilized egg attaches to the lining of the uterus, you MIGHT get spotting. Women can have spotting all the time, it can be from a change in the pill, excessive weight loss or gain, exercise, etc. SO many reasons and a LOT of unexplained reasons. Sometimes you can gush like crazy out of the blue, be late etc. That being said, if you have unprotected sex at ANYTIME. you are playing Russian Roulette. I cannot express enough to young women and men on this site about the rise in the REALLY bad STD's and teenage pregnancy. Babys are NOTHING compared to what can happen if you get Gonorrhea or Syphillis, in the area I live in these 2 have risen by 2000%!!!!!!! So please be careful, and ALWAYS make sure your partner wears a condom. If he doesn't have them, you carry them. This is YOUR health and YOUR future. Don't leave it to chance. If the spotting continues, go to your doctor and perhaps have your pill changed. Sometimes you have to go through a couple of them to find the one that fits you. It could also be a yeast infection, you don't need a discharge to have one. But I really suspect just a change in your hormones, more than being pregnant. I wish you luck and above all else health!