i am 16 and have had un protected sex on occasions and even though i wasnt trying i did not get pregnant i know that i am not yet ready to have a baby but am scared that when im older i wont be able to concieve i know that it sounds stupid but i have always wanted a big family and now have a really strong feeling thats its not going to happen, i am only mentioning this now as i have missed my last 2 periods but havent had sex in 7 months so this has added to my worries, does any one have any thoughts on whats going on with me? :(

Hi Savanagh! Taking the chance with unprotected sex, could actually make it that you wont have babies! The reason why is this, sexually transmitted diseases - such as syphillis- has risen over 300% due to teens and young adults not using condoms! ALL of the STD's/STI's have risen dramatically! So the scars from the disease WILL cause more problems than you can imagine AND be there forever - such as herpes (you NEVER heal from it) It takes perfect timing to get pregnant! And being so young and playing Russian Roulette is - to be frank - silly! DON'T play with fire! You WILL get burned, and it could be life threatening, and definitely make things VERY hard in the future! Hope this helps! And also I REALLY want you to get a check up at the Free Clinic or the STD clinic - just to make sure you don't have scars right now! And also hopefully this is clear, and then you need to have an ultrasound to see if you have ovarian cysts!

I'll try not to use scare tactics like the person above me, but I would say that you could go get it tested. I had always had weird periods sometimes disappearing other times lasting for a full week and a half. I have not had protected sex with my BOYFRIEND who I havee been dating for six years (which by the way people can still get a STD and everyone who is trying to get pregnant should be doing it without protection but that's beyond the point) for a year and a half and have not conceived. I get hopeful when I see a sign of pregnancy but I don't care either way. I am also 24 and finished college. So if I got pregnant now, I can handle it.

What managed my period and my sex life was birth control when I was in high school and through college. I did took it everyday at 10-11 pm and never had to worry about getting pregnant. While you can still get an STD if you have sex with someone you trust and has been tested to not have them than go for it. But if you are worried about STD's condoms are a fun choice. But don't try to get pregnant at 17 because you think you can't. You ovulate 3-7 days out of the month so you might have been lucky.

Any more questions shoot me a pm.

So stkr - you said that "I have not had protected sex with my BOYFRIEND...for six years) But then you said"What managed my period and my sex life was birth control ..highschool and through college" So did you use the pill for these last 6 years, or absolutely nothing? IF it is nothing at all TOTALLY unprotected you need also to get checked out - probably for ovarian cysts (as you have been with your boyfriend for a long time) BUT the girl that asked is 16 and is trying to get pregnant, and all of a sudden having problems - so this CAN be from scaring of an STD/STI and it can also be an ovarian cyst, and or just plain wonky periods (due to hormones)! And having unprotected sex CAN leave you sterile or at the minimum harder time to get pregnant! I wouldn't consider a 16 year old getting pregnant right now "lucky"! You are 24, she still has her life/college ahead of her! And for young people to NOT use protection IS silly and dangerous! STD's/STI's are up DRAMATICALLY! And this is a dangerous practice she is doing! She doesn't want a ababy right now, she is just worried that ths problem will cause problems in the future, and my response WAS correct saying that her actions NOW could definitely affect her in the future! - Even with cervical cancer! And I am trying to scare her - with facts and a wakeup call to the problems that can happen!

To Bambi: What is more likely is a hormone imbalance like I had which gave me an inconsistent periods and not enough hormone's to drop an egg to tell my body to shed the walls if it didn't implant. So if I was not making enough hormones to drop an egg than it could never get fertilized on the way down which is how it works to get pregnant. This is what a doctor explained to me.

I never had cysts, or ovarian cancer, you can get those things with having a regular period your whole life, virgin or not, protected sex or not. She is allowed to have birth control pills if she wants over condoms as long as she knows that her partner does not have an STD and chooses an alternative of birth control at her age.

Lastly.

You should go back and read that part again since I said, I have had sex with my boyfriend of SIX years without protection for a year and a half. So in the last year of college I stopped taking birth control. We do not use condoms or pills and I do not count withdrawal as a protective method.

But throughout high school since the age of 14 to the age of 23 I took birth control.

Unprotected sex can not make you sterile. Untreated UTI's, Yeast Infections and STD's can make you sterile but to say that having unprotected sex will result in those three things which then will in turn make you sterile is a fallacy because you cannot jump from A to Z. You are perfectly safe having unprotected sex. The result will more than likely be a baby. Not sterilization.  :|

Savanagh Jacobs do not listen to the woman above me and always research information that anyone gives you. My best advice is to ask a family member you trust and go to the doctor. I would love to hear what the doctor said.

You are being VERY rude actually! I NEVER said that "Will" happen, I said "Could" and then IF she got an STD "the scars from the disease WILL cause more problems..." 

Obviously you have a bone to pick! You are telling a 16 year old girl who does NOT want to have a baby, that "You are perfectly safe having unprotected sex. The result will more than likely be a baby"

I am telling her the FACTS about IF she has unprotected sex and continues with this practice and ends up with someone that DOES have an STD! This WILL affect her forever! She needs to get into the practice of using a condom - so the STD's that WILL cause cysts, and scaring doesn't happen! She can still get the clap and genital warts - but they aren't threatening!

And on your other posts you mentioned about symptoms of pregnancy - so you having unprotected sex for 1 1/2 years IS turning out to be a baby! The same shouldn't be for a 16 year old GIRL! You are a grown woman who has decided to take it as it comest! And now are asking questions about if you are pregnant or not! You also state that it's not an STD - obviously knowing that people who are going to ASK you - like I would have - as STI's are HUGE right now, and some replicate similar symptoms (discharge, slight bleeding etc)!

Since you said NOT to listen to me, you obviously don't want to know that I DO think you are indeed pregnant with your symptoms, the other 2 are UTI's or Yeast Infections (who have similar symptoms) BUT they don't make you late!! IF you have sore breasts, hips, shoulders, thighs then you have a winner! I am on here to help people, NOT to be criticized or be insulted! ALL my answers are researched, and I take care in NOT using incorrect wording! And IF a child is wanting to grow up too soon, damn rights I'm going to tell him/her just what COULD happen and that COULD be life changing and devastating! As young people tend to NOT think about the consequences, and most don't even know what is happening out in their community right now! Do you know that in the City I live in that Syphilis has risen 500% in the last 3 years! Syphilis used to be NEVER heard of, and now it's back with a vengeance! So anyway I will leave it at that! And please show me a bit of courtesy! I tend to know a LOT about pregnancy and STI's - I've been counselling teenagers for YEARS! Questioning what I said is one thing, down right attacking it is another!

I decided not to read your post and will not from now on. I have no bone to pick, I never said go have unprotected sex. Birth control is a standardized protection against becoming pregnant. Also I'd like to see sources to where Syphilis has risen by 500% because you said 300% two posts ago. You are not even addressing her original question which is her worry about getting pregnant. STD's was not her issue and might not be she could be having sex with a virgin. And if she had an STD she is obviously smart enough to ask the internet for signs and would probably go and get it checked and thus would not have any scars which then in turn would not make her sterile.

I'm sad that you council young adults because you get defensive, and you don't actually listen to what the kid has to say.

I also never attacked, as a critical thinker everything should be questioned and broken down. You attacked my statement about my boyfriend and our relationship, I was simply reasserting what I said before. :| So whose the attacker? -shakes head-

But okay Bambi. Good luck in your life.

I shall discontinue posting in here, as I have earlier said that the girl can Private message me if she needs help.