i just recently stopped taking my bc as my husband and i are ttc. I stopped bc at the end of january and february came around and i got my period, march came around and i didnt get my period. I'm 12 days late and i started to have brown spotting for the last few days. i've taken a few test and all negative as well as a blood test. what could this be, i'm cramping all the time and its pretty painful?

Hi, So i was reading your post and i was doing a bit of reasearch and thought that id send you a link that might help you out on this topic as there is many reasons you can get brown discharge before a period.

Here;s the link 

***Post is edited by moderator *** Web addresses not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

My period was supposed to be here 12 days ago though. Ill still check out the link anything is more helpful that my doc. Thabks

Sometimes a woman can have an ectopic or tubal pregnancy which will only show up through an ultrasound. Brown discharge is caused by many different reason but the most common is when your uterine wall lining was not completely shed during your last period. The remaining uterine wall lining will expel itself through the month and/or during your next period. The second most common reason for brown discharge is during pregnancy when the body is release leftover uterine wall or when the egg attaches itself to the uterine wall. An egg can attach itself and you will notice maybe a spot of bright pink blood then nothing. A few weeks later see brown discharge will come out from when the egg attached but was not expelled at the moment of implantation. When you stop taking birth control your body will need to adjust without the hormones. This can cause a missed period or late period. Your body can develop symptoms from the hormone shift like sore and tender breast, nausea, fatigue, cramping, etc. If you do not have a period next month I suggest making another appointment with your doctor. They can retest for pregnancy by a blood test and also check your other hormone levels and thyroid to find out why you are missing your period if not do to pregnancy. If the cramping becomes to painful you should see your doctor right away to get check for problems like cyst on your ovaries. Good Luck and I wish you Baby Dust :-)