My husband and I have been having unprotected sex since the beginning of April 2009, towards the ending of April, and since May I have started having symptoms of being pregnant, during the end of April and for the entire month of May I woke up with morning sickness,and cravings for food I normally wouldn't crave but my period started on time in May, so I left it alone then about a week after my cycle ended I started having heartburn and breast soreness, so I thought I may be pregnant this time but my period came again. Now we are in July, and I still experiencing symptoms of being pregnant, I am having breast soreness, I am very bloated, I am moody,luckily I am not having as much heartburn. Also during these past 3months I have been discharging a lot, and my sex drive has decreased some. I am already a mother of 4 but throughout my past pregnancies, I have always missed my period and these symptoms didn't start until i was about 4-6 weeks pregnant. And I know each pregnancy is different.
My mother has told me that she had a normal period(heavy bleeding, menstrual cramps and all) for 4months with my older sister my older sister had her period for at least 2months when she was pregnant with my twin nephews.
My husband also thinks I may be pregnant, and I know there are a lot of women out there that have had their periods throughout their pregnancy but I also know that a lot of doctors or clinics may feel it would be a waste of time to give me a pregnancy test since I am still having my period so I am wondering how accurate will my test result be if I took a home pregnancy test while I am still having my periods (I have not taken one yet)?
Thank You

I to have herd of weomen having periods while they were pregnant. but i have also herd that when u really want a baby ur body will start to sshow signs even if u arent. my mom said when she got pregnant her home pregnancy test would show up negative. then she finally went to the doctor and found out she was pregnant. have you had any brown spotting?

This is interesting. Maybe it is the implantation bleeding? I would go to the doctor & find out for sure. Just to be safe here.

I have naseau, breast soreness, peeing more, lack of sleep, discharge, and brownish discharge followed by a short period.....but im still having my periods even though every month they seem to come at different times not regular....I have 3 kids and with all of them I had my period during the beginning of the pregnancy.....I got my tubes tied in 2006.....Certain smells have caused me to get sick....