I'm 40 years old and have two grown sons and for about 6 weeks I have been having the classic symptoms of pregnancy. Nausea, bloating, breast tenderness, constipation or diarreah, fatigue, backache, pretty much all of them. My period keeps showing up around it's usual time but the symptoms still seem to stay around.

The first period I had after the symptoms started was extremely heavy for half a day and then kind of lingered around for 6-7 days. There was clotting or tissue passed in that one. I didn't have the normal breast tenderness that I usually have with my period and I didn't have cramps.

I've just started my second period since then and it is not nearly as heavy as the previous one. It is a little lighter then normal but I do have a little bit of cramping. My usual period is pretty heavy and cramping is very, very bad.

Between the periods my symptoms picked up quite heavy. Right now I have some nausea but mostly everything has settled a little.

What other problem might this indicate when it seems to me I couldn't possibly be pregnant?

I think that you are about to get into menopause. Having period signs and pregnancy signs at the same time means that your hormones are a little bit, well let just say, confused. Sure that there is a possibility that you are pregnant and if you want to be sure, you need to check it.

My good friend was in exactly the same condition while she was one step close to menopause and she believed that she was pregnant.

She did a lot of tests and they all were negative, but she didn't give up.

After gynecologist did a test, she realized that she is not pregnant. 

I have a friend who had her period normally the entire nine months she was pregnant with her first child. She didn't even realize she was pregnant until she was really starting to show at about 5 months. It's possible that you are just experiencing severe PMS for some reason, because the symptoms can be really similar, but it only takes a very short visit to the doctor's office to confirm that it is/isn't anything else.

I myself had a tubal July 2008. I have had pregnancy symptoms for a couple of weeks now. I just had a period, and I still been having a LOT of nausea. Could it be possible that I am pregnant?? Hmmm

i have a question for you. a couple of weeks ago in march 09 i had every pregnancy symptoms and i took pregnancy tests starting about a week before pms started and it showed up negative. my boobs were hurting a week before i started which they never do they only start hurting a couple of days before i start. and i was having dull pains every now and then in my right abdomin. i was for sure i was pregnant although i am on BCP. i missed like 3 of them in my 2nd week of my pack. and i have been exactly 28 days. i started that next tuesday which was a day early and it was very light. then the next day for about the next 4 days it was so heavy i was changing my pad every hour and it had clots after clots not big though coming out. sick i know sorry. but my period last about 5 days total. like you i have the same question can you be pregnnat and still have heavy periods? and to you when was your last perod?

I too have heard of someone tell of having normal periods but feeling unusual for the whole of thier pregnancy, but not actually realising they were pregnant till quite far gone, because of the periods.
So I spose its probably best to go see the doctor, to get checked over. However, with regards to the heavyier, clotty period. A couple of years ago, my period was late-ish and I'd had the sicky, bloated, nausea symptoms for a few days, so thought ah might be pregnant, before I had the chance to test, I got my period, so didn't think anything of it, untill a couple of days in my period was so bad I couldn't move away from the tiolet. I couldn't go to work, it was so heavy and clotted. When I got to the doctor, she informed my I had, most likely had a very early stage miscarriage and she said, many women have them and some never know, because they don't get the chance to do the test, then think they've just got a heavy period. I've had a very similar one since, but didn't go to the doctor.
I don't know the causes, just thought it might help.
Hope everyone gets sorted soon.

do a preg. test
it's ether pregnancy o 'the change' or a bug!

im havin da same problem i had intercourse on jan 29 my period came feb 9 i guess like usual but my period finish n im feelin pregnancy symptoms like, tender brest, nausea in the mornin, constantly urinatin, pain lower abdomin, strongly smellin foods, cravings but i took two hpt n both came out negative its so confusin i need some help like wat can dis mean... can it mean other den pregnancy???

im having the same problem came off my period which was quiet light but been feeling nausea for the past 3-4 weeks keep getting cramp feelings in my stomach also using the toilet a lot ,dont know if i could be or not

I having same problem, i am 28 and my period has been fairly regular for past 3 or 4 years but this month it was over a week late and not normal it was lighter than normal and much darker in color i dont know if i should go ahead and take a test or wait and see what happens next month

it has been two months since i had intercourse and i feel as if im pregnant i have nausea all the time or mos of it my stomach is getting big but nothing else is so i dnt know if im getting fat or what but im worried i am always so tired and i sleep like theres no tommorow i eat so much because im always hungry i have had my period twice the first was kind of heavy and the second time my period came it lasted a few day and then was a brownish dark red and i know the last time it looked like was when i got my period fo the first time ever when i was 13 and it was trying to come on so idk what to do or what to think i thought maybe im just getting sick from something but ive felt this way for two months and it ddnt start to occur untill i had sex two months ago and the feeling hasnt left ? ? ? :$

I have been having pregnancy symptoms like, bloating, weight gain (during dieting), backaches, headaches and nausea. I did get my period but it was for 3 days without the heavy bleeding and cramping I normally get. When I have sex with my boyfriend, normally, my vagina does not become irritated and or do I have discomfort, but I did this time. I took two pregnancy tests and both came back negative; but since my period, I have not taken another test. Can I possibly be pregnant? I am trying! ?

Hi, this is my first time on this site...just wanna shed some light on what i'm going through....i have a daughter who is 17 years old....ever since i've tried to have another child. My periods are not regular..at all.. like it has a mind of it's own. Well i haven't had sex for about 2 years cause i was so tired of trying and each time nothing. So in March i had unprotected sex with hopes in the back of my mind something may happen this time. I started to get these pregnancy symptoms about a few weeks after. But then shortly after i got a period...i was so upset.....then 3 to 4 days later i noticed the symptoms were still there.....sore breasts... nausea...saliva build up.....i started sleeping a lot....running to the bathroom a lot to pee....gosh i was dreaming about babies and fish...i used to get these sharp pains around my navel and in my breasts ....all this....i thought i must be pregnant. Now this morning i got up with this cramping that's so bad...i passed some clots and of course i cried ....cause it hurts to know that i'm not pregnant (i was feeling like this for about 3 weeks) ...still i just don't want to give up....good luck to all.

I too as well am experiencing the same thing....I had my tubes tied back in 2006,I am  having pregnancy symptoms, nauesa, tired, back pain, I was 4 days late starting my cycle, usuallly my cycle is very heavy and very painful and usually last about 5 days, this time my cycle was light, only lasting 3 days. I took 2 HPT's and they came out negative. My cycle has stopped and I am still having pregnancy symptoms.  I have been looking up information on the internet about can you get pregnant after having your tubes tied, can you still have a period and be pregnant, Its 50/50 on both. The best answer is going to the doctor to find out, which I am going on 4/29 to find out. Best wishes to everyone.

yeh, I'm worried too, because I got my period on time and stuff, but lately suddenly felt really hungry, or thirsty and drinking more meant I was going to the toilet more often too, also got a bit of heartburn and cramps lately which is weird because I never do.... I don't know what to do