Hello

I'm 17 years old and me and my boyfriend always use protection while having sex. About 6 months ago we agreed to withdraw from having sex until we were more ready. On Friday, January 12th we had sex again but this time unprotected. After a little while I became scared because we were not using protection so I told him to stop so he did. He finished himself off outside of me but he did not cum inside me. He didn't even come close. Immediatly afterwards we both did some research and we learned about precum and how it contains sperm and because we did not use protection..that we could get pregnant from that. I tried not to worry but as the day for my period approached I became extremly stressed out and worried that I was pregnant. I started to experience random sharp cramps in my stomach or lower back. They didn't hurt and it wasn't constant but it made me think I was pregnant. I was certain I was pregnant but decided to wait a week before I went to go get a test. A few days after my missed period I started to constantly check for spotting. About three times all on different days, I think I saw a tiny spot of light faded red blood. I freaked out and after that I started to have tender breasts. I didn't know if I was freaking myself out so bad that I was makign my body invent these symptoms. One day I woke up and had this metal taste in my mouth but it went away right after having breakfast and since then hasn't come back..I do sleep with a retainer so could that have caused the taste?

After a week and still no period I became even more worried. It was all I could think about. I would stay up till really late reasearching about symptoms and stories and it really started to scare me. Two nights ago I had a terrible night in which I was crying and crying because I got in a horrible fight with my best friend and my parents. I drank two glasses of wine all within 10 minutes, watched a movie and fell asleep. The next day I felt fine but around 9 at night I got a terrible headache which lasted all night. I know that's another sign of pregnancy so by then I was sure Iwas pregnant and decided to suck it up and go get a pregnancy test. Last night I went to bed sure I was pregnant but this morning I woke up and had the cramps that I always get because of my period. I tried not to get my hopes up but they were persistent. I went to the restroom and when I wiped I saw a spot of blood. This scared me because I thought it was the spotting again. But after about 15 minutes the blood became more. It's still rather light though...watery even. This has happened to me before however..where the first day is light but it will get heavier as time goes on and then light and then end. But the cramps are terrible (I always get horrible cramps!)

Now being the spazz that I am I'm still reasearching and finding that you can still get your period and be pregnant.
I was well over a week late but could it have been because of all my stress? I've had a horrible past few weeks stressing about all of this. And what about all my symptoms? What should I do? Any advice? Am I pregnant? =/

You were stressed so yes, there is a huge possibility that this happened because of it.  Sure that stress can prolong your period. 

When I was stressed because of my work and my relationship my period was 8 days late. I felt no period symptoms and that was the main thing that actually worried me - a lot. 

I did one test - nothing! It was negative. After five days I did another one - still nothing. 

Just when I made an appointment with my gynecologist, my period came. Maybe I gave up and told myself that I am pregnant, so when I was OK with this, this all stress just went away and I got it.

Who knows....

just wondering if you got pregnant?
Thanks

hey girl im going through the same exact thing... i was a week late and then i started spotting really lightly then an hour or so later it just started pouring out....and i don't even know what to do.... but just go get a test and stop worrying.

I'm sure by now you know what the answer is but hey the same thing happened to me.
I took 3 pregnancy tests before and they all said negative.
And that is a great relief, I really think you were stressing yourself out.

And whomever says you can get a period while your pregnant is not smart at all.
Period meaning shedding the uterine lining and egg, so you cannot experience one when your pregnant, I heard you can bleed a little for whatever reason, but if you had like a (I know this is TMI but whatever) a heavy period with clots and cramps, then you are totally not pregnant. [:

I'm going thru the same thing!! Only no spotting yet!! I'm already late by 13 days, n am really scared!!
any help?? Suggestions?? Wat should I do??

If you are brave enough to have sex without protection then you are brave enough to know the out come!

Hope everything works out.

I had sex with my fiancee (18) and I have not gotten my period for about 10 days. I just got it though light,then little more. If your get pregnant test and it comes out negative you still can be pregnant. You have to get blood. A lot of women who are pregnant get late periods than some. You'll start to know if you are if you start getting more headaches and have nausea.

Good luck, If you need help or advice you can message me

sorry but i have to disagree on the blood test being the only way to tell if your pregnant, I was rushed to the hospital back in 1989 having some kind of attack, well of course they asked if any chance of being pregnant, i said yes,,, THEY DID BLOOD WORK ON ME AND IT CAME BACK NEGATIVE!! So then im admitted to hospital and all these tests are done on me..x-rays, nuclear dye was shot into me, ultrasound, all kinds of stuff..turned out i was having a gallbladder attack. i had gall stones in the bile duct, sooooo anyway im sent home..and 2wks later im in severe pain pushing like im having a baby,, not knowing wth is going on..i get to the hospital they do MORE BLOOD WORK..HEY IT COMES BACK IM 2 MONTHS PREGNANT!!! o.O o.O o.O o.O o.O WHAT!!!!!!!???????????? NOO IT CANT BE..I JUST HAD ALL THESE TEST DONE AND ALL..AND THE PREGNANCY TEST 2WKS AGO SAID NEGATIVE,,,SOOOOOO when they say blood work is better..ITS NOT!!! I was told to see a dr. which advised me to abort my daughter...NOT..nope not doing it...... MY daughter was born 8-25-90 she had oxygen deprovation(SHE WAS PURPLE NOT BREATHING) and maconium.(FETAL DISTRESS)..but shes here today!! :-)
today my daughter is 20yrs old..she has alot of mental issues and learning disabilities..
but I DONT LOVE HER ANY LESS!! I LOVE HER EVEN MORE...SHE & HER SISTER ARE MY WORLD AND MY LIFE.....ITS BEEN A BATTLE WITH HER..BUT IF I HAD TO DO AGAIN I WOULD........just wanted to share my story with u...

hi
i have also a problem last month on my last day of periods me and my bf had sex but he was not cumm inside me nxt month i hve 3 day late my periods forth day they are started but lite normal red colour with clotting not any symptons of pregangcy excpt stomach pain i had hpt and also upt but both are negative now 3rd day of bleeding they are stopped make me worried plzz tell me wats gng on with me is im pregnant or my hormonal defficny mess all this or fear of pregnant or strees
 wat tell me plzzz

that is totally not true my best friend mother had her mounthly period with all 4 of her kids and my mother had hers also when she was pregnant with my sister so yes it is possible

My cousin had three periods and was using birth control before she found out she was four months pregnant so you can still get your period when your pregnant.

no i dont thinks so as this has happend to me because i have been really stressed and sick so o but i will monitor it though

It is a fact you cannot have your period while pregnant you can having vaginal bleeding that can resemble a period but it is physically impossible to actually have a period

just wondering.. what happened? because today i am 13 days late as well.

hi,
i am 24 yrs old, and think i m pregnant as i am 10 days late.I don't want to get pregnant now. Please tell me what to do.