I have all the signs of being pregnant again. Swollen boobs, nausea, headaches. But, HPT said negative. Could i still be pregnant?

HPT'S ARE NOT 100% ACCURATE.

FIRST, EVERY WOMAN'S BODY IS DIFFERENT, EVERY WOMAN OVULATES AT DIFFERENT TIMES EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE WANTS TO GO BY THE WHOLE 14 DAY RULE, WE WERE ALL UNIQUELY MADE THEREFORE THERE IS NO COOKIE CUTTER WHEN IT COMES TO LIFE.

SECOND, HPT'S DETECT THE HCG HORMONE IN THE URINE, IMPLANTATION MUST OCCUR BEFORE HCG LEVELS GO UP. EVERY WOMAN'S HCG LEVELS DO NOT GO UP AT THE SAME TIME. HPT'S HAVE DIFFERENT ABILITIES WHEN DETECTING THIS HORMONE, BUT THEY ALL HAVE THEIR FAULTS. DEPENDING ON WHEN YOU TOOK THE TEST WOULD TELL YOU HOW ACCURATE IT COULD BE. SOME TESTS STATE THAT THEY CAN DETECT PREGNANCY BEFORE A MISSED PERIOD, THIS ISN'T ALWAYS TRUE, BECAUSE WE ALL OVULATE DIFFERENTLY.

THE BEST COURSE OF ACTION WOULD BE TO DO A TEST ON THE FIRST DAY OF YOUR MISSED PERIOD, USE YOUR FIRST URINE IN THE MORNING AS THIS WOULD CONTAIN THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF HCG. IF THIS TEST IS NEGATIVE, TRY AGAIN A WEEK LATER (I KNOW THAT IS ALOT TO ASK, BUT COULD HAVE DIFFERENT RESULTS). FINALLY, IF THE SECOND TEST WAS NEGATIVE, WAIT ANOTHER WEEK (2 WEEKS AFTER YOUR SHOULD HAVE GOTTEN YOUR PERIOD) AND RETEST, IF THIS ONE IS NEGATIVE THEN I WOULD GO TO THE DOCTOR AND HAVE A BLOOD TEST DONE JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.

P.S. I HAD A NEGATIVE BLOOD TEST 6 WEEKS INTO MY PREGNANCY W/MY FIRST SON. THE ONLY THING I CAN REMEMBER FROM 8 YEARS AGO WAS THAT I WORKED PART-TIME & WOULD SLEEP FROM THE TIME I GOT OFF WORK TO THE TIME I HAD TO GO TO WORK AGAIN! BUT AGAIN, I MUST SAY THAT EVERY WOMAN'S BODDY IS DIFFERENT, I HAVE BEEN PREGNANT 4 TIMES AND NOT ONCE DID I EVER THROW UP, I NEVER HAD VERY EXTREME SYMPTOM'S W/ANY OF MY PREGNANCIES. I WAS ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES.

GOOD LUCK W/EVERYTHING, I HOPE THAT IF YOU ARE PREGNANT IT WAS A WANTED PREGNANCY & EVERYTHING GOES WELL FOR YOU. PLEASE UPDATE ON YOUR FINDINGS. :-)

All those capital letters are quite distracting, but I think the poster above me is right from what I can make out. 

You don't give a whole lot of information, topic starter, but in general, some people seem to get false negatives on home pregnancy tests because their bodies just work that way. Plenty of others get negative results because they either tested too early, or too late. In both cases, HCG levels can't be detected by urine tests and you end up with a negative test result even if you are pregnant. 

Since you are having lots of textbook pregnancy symptoms, like nausea, swollen boobs, headaches, etc, I'd see an OBGYN in this case and ask them to do a pregnancy test in their office. If hCG can't be detected, you can always do a transvaginal ultrasound if you're early in your pregnancy but have already missed a period. 

Pregnancy symptoms also do appear before a missed period in some women. If that's you, just test again once you missed your period. 

I am irregular but consistent with 35 days in between periods. I have been trying to conceive for over a year. I am late this month going on 11 or so days late. I didn't want to take a test for the fear of disappointment aain, but I finally did, and it was neg. Is it possible that I did not do the test rihgt? I took it first thing in the morning and I really had to pee, but there wasn't a lot of pee, and I never waited for the test to flash ready. (It was an EPT digital) Do you think that matters? I don't have any strong signs though I pee several times during the night, I am extremely tired, and my breasts hurt very slightly behind then, not the boob itself. I am waiting for my period bc when I get it I am scheduled for a HSG.

Have been trying since February. Have just had what appears to be the lightest period I have ever had and very differemt to all other months (very slight browish spotting on days 29, 30, 31 of cycle, a little more from day 32, but very little overall, mainly brownish, some pink colouring and stopped after only 3 days) Have taken HPT on day 31 and what would have been day 36, but both showing negative results. Having read about impantation bleeding on the internet, my symptoms seem similar to this. Could it be a pregnancy? Any advice please!!

I am 12 days late and have received one false negative on day 10? My cycle has never been late. Please advise.

planning to be pregnant - am 11 days late - have done 4 home tests (ridiculous I know!!!!) and one doctors test that got sent off to the lab - all were negative. My daughter is now 7 and I remember going through this last time - do you think I am just someone who produces HCG really late? I have mild nausea occasionally and huge boobs and some cramping.

okay. so i guess everyone is pretty much confused like me. well about 3 months ago i had a very light "period" that lasted 4 days. my periods are always 24-26 days apart and last 7 days. but this bleeding came 4 days sooner than my expected period. after it stopped i tested several times and all came back negative. then i had another period which was like a normal period exactly 2 weeks after the previous bleeding stopped. after that i just stopped thinking of being pregnant because my periods got back on track. now 3 months later i have noticed my stomach which is always very flat is extremly puggy. i took a test at home and it was also negative. i am experiencing nausea, trouble sleeping at night, swollen boobs, and cramps. i was just wondering if it is possible to have normal periods and get negative test and still be pregnant.

So... I have every symptom of being pregnant sick to my stomach, boobs real sore and getting larger, back pain, sense of smell that is worse than a dog, and more tired than ever. Everything but the late period. I am due for it in 2 days. I have had 2 children so I know what it feels like, but the test that are "supposed" to show results sooner have all been neg. I have taken 6 test over the last few days. I had some spotting around the time that immplantaion should have occured, and then slight spotting today but thats it. Has anyone else seemed to have the same spotting times??

OK well i haven't missed my period it's been normal all the time my boobs are swollen or hurting they have been really small at all time but i am feeling really sick to my stomach everytime i eat i throw up my stomach is getting bigger and the HPT came out negative. is it possible that i could be pregnant?

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 6 months. This last month we tried Clomid, and I think it worked. I have been nauseated, occasionally throwing up, and tired is an understatement. I can hardly stay awake all day. My temperature stayed elevated for 22 days and my breast are tender. I had a very light period on May 1 & 2. I have taken five pregnancy tests and all say negative, but I can't get over these symptoms. Could I still be pregnant???

I am two weeks late....

I have symptoms of pregnancy. Cramping all week, extreme tiredness, dizziness, urinating quite frequently, stomach bloated, hungry all the time, constipation..

I did five home tests, one showed positive and the others showed negative.. Went to docs for blood test which came back negative, level under one..

Docs quote" You obviously didn't ovulate this month" Finding that hard to believe as i am always like clockwork and have had the cramoping and back ache...

I am so confused and so angry that i cant get a straight answer...

Anyone in similar situation or has been in the same situation and months later found out they was pregnant?

Help :-(

Hi, my name is Shara Iam 21 years old my fionce jason and I have been trying to conceve for about 9 months. We have been through all our pregnetcey tests coming out negetive too, so we know exactly how you feel. This time we thought that it would be different but unfortentaly it was not. We have now seen the test come out negetive too, many times now. I have had all the signs of being pregnet this time. I just now, have started to experience discharge from my body. I hope the best of luck for you and I. Please, reply to this if you are going through the same things as I have been going through.

send me an e-mail at

_[removed]_

I've always had the same 19-20 day cycle between my periods, and it's always reliable. I'm now two weeks late, and I do have the early symptoms of pregnancy...I'm bloated, always hungry, I'm tired a lot, and I have to pee constantly.

I took an HPT this morning, but I got an error because I obviously don't have the aim that my boyfriend does and I peed on the tester, too. So I waited a few hours before taking it again and it came back negative. Could that be because I might've ruined the test?

Wow, i'm not sure where to start.

April 16th was my last "normal" period. I was due May 17th, but ended up bleeding 5 days early. I woke up all wet. I thought maybe it was all the watery CM I was experiencing...well, I was bleeding, but not horrible...more eggwhite CM then blood. Then throughout the day, there was blood clots, the second day was reddish/pink and the third day was pink spotting. I went 2 more days with nothing and then one brown spot. Usually my period is 31 day cycle and lasts 5 days HEAVY, cramping and my thighs would hurt...not this month.
I went to the DR's that day i started bleeding. Got a blood test. You need to score over an 11 to be pregnant and I was a 10. lol WTH? So, nothing for a week....just took two tests and they're negative. I'm SO confused. This would be my third pregnancy, but 4th child.
3 years ago with my son, I had heavy bleeding on my 4th week, for 3 days straight with horrible cramps (thought it was my period)...around my 6-7 week, I tested positive...lol 20 months ago I gave birth to twin girls and I ws 6 days late when I tested positive for them...(not knowing they were twins until 5 weeks). Sooo...here I am, am I pregnant or not? This is driving me crazy!

Precious_Love2: I think you did ruin the test...I've done that before. Try one more within a couple days!! Good luck everyone!!