Didn't know where to post this but I am 15 weeks pregnant. I am really upset that I put my self in this predicament. But I had sex with my now ex Guy A on Feb 11 and My kids Father Guy B on Feb 17th. My first ultrasound on March 24th said I was 7 weeks and 3 days. Who is the potential father. I had my period on feb 4th and it ended on feb 10. My date of conception according to my tracker was the 19th of feb. So at first I was positive that it was my kids father now my ultrasound on May 8 put me at 14 weeks and 1 day pointig back to Guy A. If its Guy A i am positively 100% getting an abortion. All signs seem to point to him so I already have it scheduled, it cost alot because I am in my 2nd trimester but my kids father would leave if i was pregnant with someone elses child and I refuse to make my 3 kids grow up with out a father because of something I done.

Hi Kira,

Doctors base dates on your LMP.  Why?  Because most women know exactly when that was.

Having your period start on Feb 4, you'd normally ovulate between Feb 15 and 19.  Sperm can survive UP TO about 5 days.  The egg is viable for about 48 hours.

Either man can be the father.

You can take a DNA test, now, non-invasively.  They can obtain the babies DNA from your blood.  You'd still need both men to provide a sample.

Good luck.

I know that's the problem my kid father thinks it is his and I don't even talk to the other guy. If I ask for a DNA test my kids father is going to know something is wrong and leave and I will not loose him over something stupid I done. My 3 kids that I have here.now need him and that's what's most important to me. I just have to live with my decision to abort so late in pregnancy but since I can't figure it out I habe to do what's best for the family as a whole.

There is no way to know without a DNA test Kira. Won't your kids father be suspicious of you having an abortion this late too?

You could just test the ex. If it's not his then it has to be your kids father - right?

There is NO way you are 14 weeks and one day. That would have to mean that you started your last period on January 29th, a full week earlier than you did. That wouldn't be possible. Based on the days of your last menstrual cycle, two things would have HAD to happen in order for your ex to be the father. His sperm would have had to live a full five days AND you would have had to ovulate on the earliest day possible. How long is your normal cycle? 28 days? Longer? Shorter? Also, did you find out if you are having a boy or a girl? As that can also be an indicator of the day you conceived, although not accurate, it can be helpful information. How does your current partner (father of your kids) feel about the upcoming baby? What are they saying is your due date?

its me Kira and I meant to say i was 15 weeks but my ultrasound put me at 16 weeks 1 day and it is a boy.

Also my periods are regular and i log when i get my periods so i know i got it on feb 4 and it ended feb 9 and i had sex with my ex on the feb 11 and my kids father on fed 17 and my kids father thinks it is his an hes excited but i do have a abortion scheduled for next tues because i am not sure and dont want to chance it being my ex if it was my kids father i would keep but i cant be sure.

no i will just tell him i miscarried. Hes not up my butt like that so i can pull it off. And i dont even talk to my ex anymore if he knew it was a chance that i was pregnant he would tell everyone and like i said as a whole my current family is more important to me becasue they are here.

This baby is NOT your ex's baby!!  It belongs to the father of your children. If your cycle is usually LONG, even a day or two over 28 days, it would be highly unlikely you ovulated early. IN ADDITION TO THAT, the sperm that make the child a male, will get to the fallopian tubes first because their tails are longer and they are faster than the female sperm. BUT, they can't live very long, usually a day or two, but in ideal conditions, a maximum of 3 days. THAT MEANS, it is not one of your ex's sperm that fertilized the egg, since the sperm would have to have been in the fallopian tube a full five days and then some, the male sperm would have statisticallly died off before you ovulated, and you would be carrying a girl. DO NOT go off of the day that your scans as measuring, that just means that your baby is in the top percentile for his growth.  How many kids do you already have?  Birth weight tends to increase for each child that you have.  Have they all gotten bigger than the baby born before it?  It just means you are carrying a very healthy, very well growing baby boy. It does not mean he was conceived later. The scans DO NOT determine the date the baby was conceived, they are just charting his average growth, and he is ahead of schedule. This was shown at your first scan too, because it but your period start date four days earlier than you did. YOU KNOW when your period was, because you right it down. A scan cannot change the date of your last menstrual cycle, anymore than it can change the date the egg was fertilized. Cancel your appointment, be happy about this pregnancy, and never look back.

Thank you I was trying to tell my doctor that he the sonogramers and they are all like no your wrong you are 5 days of and I am like. I know when i had my period and my tracker said i ovulated on feb 18 and that was my highest day to get pregnant and i have 3 kids already. They also said all babies grow at the same rate from conception to 12 weeks everyones babies are the same till 2nd trimester. My ex he has no kids at all and he doesn't think he could have any because he would of had them by now. But thanks so much i needed to hear that.

Sorry, meant because you WRITE the days of your LMP down and I meant to say the scans cannot mean that he was conceived earlier, not later. Disregard the date the scan says. Stick with your period dates. I am sure "Medic Dan" would agree, since that is what he has told everyone else in his posts. The fact that is is a baby boy is it highest factor that proves it is not your Ex's baby. You can read everywhere about the male sperm being faster due to their shape, but their fragility that causes them to die off sooner than the female sperm. ALL signs are pointing to this not being your ex's baby.

Yeah, I just LOVE it when a doctor tells me I'm wrong, when I know for a FACT there are certain things that I write down. My mother's doctor also told her she was wrong about the days of her last period when I was conceived, and they tried to stop her labor when she started "early". I was born almost 9lbs with a full head of hair, definitely not EARLY. I was right on time, and they almost killed me, because they did stop labor, but only after I had transitioned into the birth canal, and they literally had to PUSH me out. Put me in ICU for a week, when I normally would have been fine. Medical personel can be very arrogant at times, or too calloused in their advice because they become conditioned to the "averages" and typical responses, and forget that making a decision to abort a baby is a VERY TOUGH decision, and before telling someone information that could lead to a termination of their pregnancy, asking more questions may be the best route first. AND there is NO way all babies grow at the exact same rate up to 12 weeks? BULLCRAP. There is NOTHING that each human does exactly the same as all humans. That's why you can hear heart rates earlier in some pregnancies than others, or detect HGC at different days on a pregnancy test, because we are all exactly the same? NOPE. You know the last day of your period, end of story. It makes absolutely NO difference what a scan says. I chart my ovulation, and despite what "some" medical people say, you can tell exactly when you ovulate. I can feel the ovulation cramp, I can tell the discharge is egg-white to clear, indicating that is when ovulation occurred, etc, etc. And I have NEVER ovulated prior to day 13. I have a 27-28 day cycle, and I also doubt you ovulated early either. And you are right about your ex as well, who knows if he can even have kids? He doesn't have any now, and obviously he is in the practice of having unprotected sex. We know the father of your children can, that is proven.

Thank you for actually listening to me.

Also did you have any spotting or cramping that would indicate when implantation occured? Also a good clue as to when conception was.

Kira, also remember that the person that you choose to be your doctor basically is working FOR YOU. You have the right to question them and to basically "interview" them. Honestly, at this point, if I was in your shoes, I would be FIRING THEM and getting a new doctor. I have always interviewed my doctors before settling on which one to receive care from, and honestly 75% of them do NOT make the cut, and it is usually always for the same reason. They do not listen to me. I know my body better than they do. End of story.