Hello please can somebody help me.... I had sex with my new partner on the 3rd Dec 2011and he decided to break up with me the following day, then i decided to sleep with my ex partner on the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th Dec 2011.... I know sounds awful! I have recently realised that im pregnant, i went for a ultrasound scan on Feb 22nd 2012 and was told im 12 weeks and 2 days and my due date is the 3rd September 2012! The first day of my last period was the 26th November 2011... i confided in my midwife to figure out what day i could of concieved and she sed around the 9th December, would this mean my ex is the father? Cause i sort of worked out that if it was my recent bf, (who i slept with on the 3rd) the sperm would of been inside me for 6 days... i think thats a little to long... can someone please help me... im hoping its my ex.. thanks so much for ur time xx                   

Hi there, 'I'm so sorry you're in this situation. My understanding is that the chance of you conceiving the same day that you slept with your ex is unlikely. It's more likely to be the "newest" boyfriend as conception takes time, its not immediate and the average time from the unprotected incident to conception is 3-5 days. I know it's probably not what you want to hear and I could be totally wrong but that is my understanding from minimal research on conception and implantation etc. Maybe if someone else says different they could clarify it better for you. I really hope things work out for you. God Bless xxx

do you mean my ex who i was with on the 3rd?

also i like to inform u that i took a clearblue digital pregnancy test on the 28th and it said im 1-2 weeks pregnant from conception..... would that mean my unborn baby's father is the one i was with from the 6th to the 10th?

No sorry I meant you're ex boyfriend from the 6th. Its unlikely it could be him. The digital test should tell you 1-2 weeks because after conception, it can take another 6-12 days for implantation to take place, you are not actually pregnant until implantation happens.. I hope I'm not confusing you even more lol

lol, yh u r confusing me a little! so the father could be the first one or the second? ex's r confusing me :(

lol, In short, the first one from the 3rd is more likely

haha now i get u! thanks for your help :)

You're very welcome and good luck :)