I just found out that i am 6weeks pregnant and not 100% sure who the father is or maybe i am but so paranoid because it could hurt and do a lot of damage in the long run. I had my period on 7March(28day cycle) I dated a guy for a few months and the last time we slept together was in March some time after my period in March but i cant remember the date, it was unprotected but he did not come inside me. We broke up soon thereafter. I got my period again on 4April. I got back together with my ex and we had sex unprotected on the 16th April, i am now 6 weeks on 15May. The reason i am worried who the father is because my ex that i got back together with was convinced that he cant have any kids all these years and he does not have any at age 38. Please help me figure this out as i cant eat or sleep and the the stress is killing me. I know that im not perfect and should have been more careful. I want to rule out that i could be pregnant from the guy i dated even though i got my period after we had sex?  As you can imagine my ex is very happy that he is going to become a dad and i dont want give birth to a child that turns out to look like the guy that i dated. Yes i know i am very paranoid. This is so not me and i never thought i would be in this predicament.

Hi Panache,

If you had a NORMAL period, as in like your others, on April 4 then it is unlikely you were pregnant then.

With your LMP starting on April 4 you'd likely ovulate between April 15 and 20.  The egg is viable for up to about 48 hours.  Sperm can survive up to about 5 days - max.  In other words, when you had sex with your ex would have been about perfect timing.

6  weeks along would correspond to your LMP on April 4.

It is very likely that your ex is the father based upon the dates you've posted, near 100%.  A DNA paternity test can confirm who the father is.

Hope it helps.

Thank you Medic-dan, i thought so as well. Will teach me a lesson, i am so relieved thank God. Just to make extra sure ill have a scan done this week to determine the stage of pregnancy and if that also indicates i am 6 weeks then i will lay the issue to rest.

Hi can we be friends I'm lonely