My mother has ulcer in duodenum, she smokes a lot and generally is a very nervous person. She does not listen to doctor, I complain to her about that all the time. She has been to the doctor who recommended Prilosec but she also takes Tums without prescription. So I would like to know is Prilosec mixed with Tums dangerous. Is that ok?

It could be that your critics were fruitful, because both of the mentioned drugs have positive effect for people suffering from ulcer, even though they function in different ways. Prilosec has a long effect, around 12 hours. Tums is used to create a protective surface layer on the stomach wall, so these two combined are producing a good effect.

Hello there,

As whit has already said this combination is good and your mother will probably feel a lot better. When it comes to the smoking, I believe that there is nothing you can do. If she considering to stop she is going to do it on her own, but if she don’t want to stop there is absolutely nothing you can do to make her. But maybe you could talk to her about going to yoga or something similar. These activities are really great for stress relieving so maybe your mother will learn how to decrease amount of stress she is experiencing all the time.

I hope this was helpful and that she will be fine.