I had an Upper Endoscopy today and the Dr. wrote the findings of: Granular gastric mucosa and Non-bleeding erythematous gastropathy. Can anyone tell me what granular gastric mucosa is? I have been having nausea, abdominal pain and possible gastroparasis. He did do biopsies on my stomach today, but most likely wont get the results for at least a week.
Thanks,
Tina

Granular gastric mucosa means that mucous tissue that lines your stomach is for some reason become granular, as opposite to its regular state (still, even at its best, stomach mucosa is always slightly wrinkled). That is the reason why the doctor ordered a biopsy - to see what is the cause for these changes in the mucosa. Since I went through the same procedure - endoscopy and almost a biopsy recently, and I still occasionally have the same symptoms like you - nausea and abdominal pain, could you tell me what gastroparasis is, if you know?

Thanks for your response. Gastroparesis is where the stomach does not empty normally. It can make you feel full a lot of the time. My sister had this for a few months. At first she was nauseated, then did progressed to nausea and vomiting. She said if she ate in the morning, she would feel full or "burp up" her breakfast all day. She lost a lot of weight as she was always full and if she would try and eat more, she would vomit. As far as I know this is treated with medication to help empty the stomach, and she got better with medications and time. Did your biopsies for the granular mucosa show something that needed treatment?

I went the other way around - for days I was completely sick, couldn't hold down even water, let alone food and doctors just kept sending me here and there thinking it was appendicitis until one afternoon I ended up at emergency surgery and barely gotten through because I had an ulcer that busted and caused massive internal bleeding. And since I'm too yoiung for ulcers, as they said and I haven been either infected with H.Pylori or was using NSAIDs they needed a post-op biopsy to figure out the cause. They still haven't, so that is why I'm asking around to figure out as much as I can. So, in my last results mucosa is granulated, but the doctor estimated there was no need for biopsy since there was no other changes. I'm now just diagnosed with chronic gastritis... nothing specific.

Oh, and please keep me posted on your results if you catch the time!

hey I'm exactly where you are the only difference is I've added marijuana hope that helps bye bye

Waiting for results on biopsy, however my symptoms are slightly different. I have trouble
with my food getting "stuck" and I have to drink water to get it down- usually dry foods,
however, I can feel the food stuck and severe pain.

Better than anything any doctor has ever given me, but getting to the point where even smoking can't help me eat, drink, or sleep. Doctor has been ignoring identifying a cause for my illness convinced I have celiac when testing isn't even relatively consistent and leans more towards a negative diagnosis. I have crohnic gastritis that seems to have been alleviated by strong antacids and proton pump inhibitors, only reducing my stomach to just inflammation. Since quitting the regimene my stomach has gotten much worse and I don't know how to handle it anymore. I don't know what the doctors are missing but I don't even know how to want to live anymore. Worried about stomach cancer since I very recently found out my grandma had it and had he stomach removed, and my grandpa and father on that side also dying of cancer. i think my gastritis has progressed at this point. I know this post is old but I hope you found relief.

I've been chasing my tail since February. I just had some tests yesterday and was looking up some of the stuff they biopsied yesterday to see what it is. I have read a lot of Holistic books. I had food sensitivity testing done at my chiropractor's office of all places and came of with a list of foods that my body is reacting to. I got better after eliminating these foods but eventually developed sharp pain in my side, nausea. I get that full feeling when I eat a little bit and belch a lot. I put myself on a strict diet that came from a book about Autoimmune disease. Basically stating our body is attacking itself because out antibodies are overactive. It may be that ours are attacking our digestive system. I feel great on this diet. The pain is lessening and so is the belching. But its still there somewhat. I've only been on this diet about a month so I'm hoping it will continue to improve. I wish you all well.

Gastroparisid me as ns the muscles along your digestive system aren't contracting and moving food along like they should

Sorry for the typos, just got out of my own scoping, and my hands and brain are still clumsy

Thank you all for the read. I have celiac disease and all your symptoms. I've been a medical mystery for years. Last biopsy )3rd)revealed I will need radiation treatment. Continue to seek help. Make the Dr's learn. The medical system is crazy. You have control.