Yo everyone! I hope that you are ok...Look, I have something that I really want to ask you. I smoke weed and I don't think that this is something that I should tell all around and I don't think that this is a good thing. But, I do smoke and usually, I do it on the daily basis. I am now with this chick. She is really amazing, she rocks. Two weeks ago, we were out and I started to smoke weed and she asked me can she do it as well. She took it and very soon she started to have panic attacks. I never saw this. Why do some people experience panic attacks after smoking marijuana?

Hey Whiz. You should not let her smoke marijuana if she never done this before. At least, you should tell her about side -  effects that smoking weed can cause. Sure, you don't have them, but I am sure that you do know that they actually exist. 

Marijuana can cause panic attacks and your gf probably had one of those attacks. Panic attacks are technically an anxiety disorder, but they are also a reaction to physical sensations. A person feels something in their body, and suddenly they get this rush of intense anxiety along with genuine physical symptoms as a result of that stress. She should not take it again.

I was smoking marijuana once in my life as well, just like your girlfriend. And now, when I remember this, it was pretty much like traumatic experience for me. I started to panic abnormally back than and I said to myself - I will never smoke marijuana again in my life.

So, I consulted my doctor about this and I asked him why this happens. He told me that marijuana, just like any other drug can cause hallucinations that can lead to panic attacks. That is probably because your body can't accept certain things such as marijuana in your body and in your blood. 

If it was her first time, it is quite normal for her to have a panic attack. I remember my first time as well, I freaked out because nobody told me how it looks like. I felt lost and I thought that there was something terribly wrong with me. So if it was her first time, you can understand that she got really frightened and therefore she ended up having a panic attack.

You need to explain to her what does marijuana actually do to her so she wouldn't get scared once she tries it again. If she does get a panic attack again, she shouldn't take marijuana anymore.

It is just how others wrote, it was probably her first time, otherwise, I don't think that these panic attacks would occur. It is possible that a panic attack occurs when you smoke marijuana, but in very rare cases.

Even if it wasn't her first time, she shouldn't be smoking marijuana anymore if it has such a bad effect on her. You need to know what is bad for you and you need to stop doing it, every person should learn to stop doing something that is harming them. This can be applied to every aspect of your life, it is very important thing to learn.

It doesn't really have to mean that it was her first time. I mean, it is more common for a person to have a panic attack after smoking marijuana if it is her first time, but not necessarily. I have a friend who has panic attacks when he smokes marijuana. He talked to me about it and asked me what to do, but the way I see it, if marijuana causes you to have panic attacks, the only thing you can do is to stop smoking marijuana. If you still want to smoke, maybe you should consult a psychologist then, he might help you out.

Yes, I believe that this is the case and that she probably got a lot of panic because of it. Later, when I was talking to her she told me that she was seeing some things that don't exist. I am sorry about this, I feel that this is my fault. But last night, she came to my house and she told me that she is going to go out with her friends and that they are going to smoke marijuana, so she will smoke with them as well. I didn't know what to tell her....I am scared that she is going to have those panic attacks again. Will she?

Well, you know how things were when you give her smoke marijuana for the first time, right? You should consider should you do this again or not...I mean, there is no way that you can stop her, but you can try reminding her that she already had some issues with it. 

Anyway, it doesn't have to mean that she is going to have those panic attacks again, that can happen just when you smoke marijuana for the first time. But I do know one boy who had constant panic attacks whenever he smokes marijuana. It is hard to tell will she have those attacks all the time. 

Hey there. Well, maybe. I know that people constantly telling me that maybe this occurs only once, when you smoke it for the first time, but like I already wrote there, it was traumatic experience for me and I would not like to repeat this at all. I don't know, but I believe that there are so many different types of marijuana and I believe that I had experience with that awful one, but still I would not like to have this experience again so I won't try it again. I think that your GF should stay away from it...Totally.

It is up to her, really. If she knows that it does her no good and she still wants to do it, then you can't do anything about it but let her do it. If she continues to have panic attacks when smoking marijuana, I believe that she will eventually come to her senses and stop doing it. If not, it will only be bad for her but if she doesn't want to stop, there is really nothing that you can do about it. I really hope that it won't happen again, but, you know, like I said, it is all up to her now.