Hi. I had a lobectomy. I was diagnosed with lung cancer. My doc said the cancer will spread without surgery. So I had a lobectomy done. Now I am experiencing certain post surgical complications. My incision is red and swollen. There is also pus coming from it. I have also developed some itchy rash. What is going on? What to do?

Hi. I had lobectomy too. They removed one lobe of my lung. Every surgery includes risks. The risks of lobectomy include internal bleeding, infection and forming of blood clots. My doctor told me to call him if I have trouble breathing, if oxygen doesn`t help, if my incision is red and swollen, if my stitches come apart, if I have a fever, cough up yellow or bloody mucus and if I develop rash. My incision also became swollen and there was pus. My doctor said I have developed infection. If you develop itchy rash you might be allergic to your meds. These are not serious complications. However, if you experience chest pain, sudden trouble breathing, or if you are coughing up blood, you should seek immediately medical help.