Hi, I am 28 years old, and I have anxiety attacks with asthma. I heard from a friend that some anxiety meds can also help with asthma. It would be great to treat both conditions with one medicine. Did it work for anyone?

It works for me! I’ve been suffering from anxiety for few years, but recently I started having asthma symptoms along with anxiety attacks. I don’t have only rapid heart beating and sweating any more, now I also have lack of air, itching in the throat and tightness in chest. I started using ativan, and I realized that it didn’t reduce only my anxiety symptoms, but asthma symptoms too! I believe that there are some other anxiety meds that can also work for asthma. My doctor is not too happy with my self-treatment, but I don’t intend to stop it, as long as it’s helping me. It also crossed my mind that I don’t have asthma at all, that it was just a bad diagnose. Maybe my respiratory problems are just some new symptoms of anxiety attacks! I will definitely ask my doctor about that. Maybe that’s the reason why anxiety meds reduce my asthma symptoms.