Hello, guys. My friend has had a severe head injury recently. He was taken to the hospital and he was diagnosed a linear skull fracture. I would like to know what that is in fact. I haven’t seen him, just talked to his parents and they couldn’t explain me what it is. I hope someone here could do that.

Hi to you too. Linear skull fracture is usually caused by low-energy, blunt trauma. This trauma acts over a wide surface of the skull. It spreads through entire thickness of the bone. Usually it doesn’t have a large significance. However, in some cases it can be quite opposite. When it goes through a vascular channel, a suture or venous sinus groove, it can have serious consequences. It can cause epidural hematoma or sinus thrombosis or occlusion. It can also cause sutural diastasis. I hope your friend’s case isn’t so serious. Bye!