Hi, good people. My brother in law was in a car accident yesterday. He was taken to hospital immediately after this had occurred. He was examined and diagnosed comminuted skull fracture. I would like to ask someone to explain me this kind of fractures little more. I would really appreciate it. Thanks.

Hi, there. Comminuted skull fractures appear when the bone fragments are shattered into pieces. They can be dangerous since some pieces can lacerate the brain itself. Depressed fractures are the ones where broken bones are placed inward. This can all result with a certain pressure to the brain. Some of these depressed fractures require a surgery. These fractures can be opened or closed. I am afraid that I am not familiar with more details. You can consult with your brother in law. Feel free to ask him the questions that you are interested in. Good luck!