Okay, so I was recently in a pretty bad car accident almost a month ago. I was the only person hit but suffered a broken nose and a depressed skull fracture near my temporal lobe. I was in the hospital surgery room within an hour and was out of surgery in another three hours. It wasn't clear what the damage to my brain would be until I would have awoke from the anesthesia. To everyone's surprise I awoke a few hours later, fully aware and knew what had happened, although I didn't realize until a few minutes after that they had shaved my head and done major surgery.
So far, and to everyone's amazement I'm pretty much normal, the same as I was before the accident. I did have slight bleeding in the brain and had a monitor stuck in there, that was then removed the next day. The surgeon fixed my skull fracture and used two screws and everything. I knew where I was, who people were, and could even do some math. I left the hospital five days after the accident. A nurse told me not to drink or smoke for the next three months. My hair is actually growing in pretty well :)
I used to smoke cigarettes, marijuana and drink all before the accident. I haven't tried anything since. My aunt who is a nurse informed my mom if I were to have a cigarette I could possibly have a seizure. Now I've recently read about people with epilepsy being prescribed to marijuana, and how the cannibanoid receptors help decrease the chances of have a seizure. So my question is, would it be safe to smoke marijuana after the head trauma four weeks ago? Not necessarily in a large amount of course.

When I was 18, as I drove home from school one day a tree that had been dead for nearly 20 yRs fell on the hood, split in half and hit the driver side roof. I was taken to the hospital where I spent the next 28 days in a coma. When I awoke I had such a severe brain injury that my mental age was reverted to an infant's in an 18 yR old's body. I was first fed through a feeding tube that was shoved in my belly, then mashed food, wore diapers the first few weeks and slept in a bed that zipped to trap me like a baby in a crib, my right side was numb and every single muscle in my body had deteriorated while in my coma. I had to be retaught how to make noises before I was taught to speak, had to relearn how to walk, problem solve again and relived every age a second that actually felt the first time to me because every single moment and memory prior to the day I awoke from my coma was gone, I was literally reborn that day, in mind and body.
Since the very first night I was released from the hospital I have smoked marijuana, and greatly suspect that it was a signicant and relevant contributor to how much I'm today recovered.

woww this is truley an amazing story really. &im glad good old mary jane helped;)

WOOOOOOW what a testament!
The recovery you made is nothing short of a miracle, and you were no doubt born to be the genius I'm sure you are today.

I recently suffered a much less traumatizing head injury, very mild in comparison. And even that "little bump" has left me feeling a bit dopey :P so to hear this story is truly inspirational, and it makes me feel better about my own hopes for recovery. The human body is definitely an amazing thing. And your recovery is on another level, still. And, for you to contribute that healing to cannabis is a 1-UP no one can over look. Thank you for sharing!

I was in a 28day coma left temporal brain lobe damage took antiseizure meds for a few weeks then started smoking weed for seizures no more antiseizure meds just weed from a wheelchair took a hit of weed then took my first steps now riding a bicycle for miles everyday and workout everyother day only because of smoking weed makes me very active cause I believe if I stop ill die and I don't want to die