I’m desperate. My boyfriend had a car accident yesterday and now he is in hospital. He had skull fracture but his doctor said that he isn’t in life danger and that his condition is stable now. He didn’t have a surgery and I hope that everything will be ok. But tell me can skull fracture be fatal?

I can understand you totally. My boyfriend also had skull fracture few months ago and I thought that he wouldn’t survive that. He still sometimes has headaches but he is generally ok now. Skull fracture can be fatal or people with these head injuries may have severe problems like lost of memory or epilepsy.

Well,
I have to tell you that the skull injuries are considered one of most dangerous injuries that you can have. Skull fractures are usually not fatal but it depends on the severity of the fracture also. If the fracture of the skull is deeper you might have internal bleeding and you can get sever damage to your brain. If his condition is stable I think that you don’t have to worry too much then, because the worst part is done. How old is your boyfriend? Is his vision ok? I know that some people suffer with vision problems after the skull fracture. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie