Hi! My son has 7 years and few days ago he hurt his shoulder while he was playing with other children. We went to doctor and he said it’s clavicle fracture. But he also told us that it’s nothing dangerous. Can somebody tell me something about healing time for children after clavicle fracture?

How long it takes the fracture to heal depends upon many factors, of course. But usually clavicle fractures in children younger than 8 years old may heal in four or five weeks. But fractures in adults or teenagers who have stopped growing take 10-12 weeks to heal and may take longer.

Well,
It all depends of the severity of the injury of his shoulder. There are several factors that are involved in the healing process. You have to understand that your son is young and that he won’t be able to look out for his shoulder, and there are chances that he hurts himself again. I think that he will get better in few weeks but this also can be prolonged. Children have younger bones which heal better than in adults. I think that he will be fine as long as he doesn’t hurt his shoulder again during the healing process. I hope this helped you in any way.

All the best,
Nelie