I’ve just heard that my little neighbour had a head injury and that then he got Basilar skull fracture. As I know this kind of skull fracture can be very dangerous. But I’m not sure about that. Can somebody tell me something more about Basilar skull fracture, please? Thank you!

Yes, you are right. Basilar skull fracture can be dangerous. This is a fracture of the basilar bone of the skull, which is part of the floor of the skull that holds the brain. It’s very rare head injury. I also know that patients with basilar skull fractures are especially likely to get meningitis.

Hi there,
I am not sure if this is correct but I think that basilar skull fracture refers to a fracture of the base of the skull, typically involving the temporal bone, occipital bone, sphenoid bone, and/or ethmoid bone. As much as I know this skull fracture is very rare and it is very interesting that your neighbor got this injury. Can you tell me more about his problem and how did he managed to have basilar skull fracture? The good thing is that there are several treatment methods for basilar skull fracture but he need to treat it as soon as possible. I hope that this helped you in any way.

Best wishes,
Marco