Okay, so I was recently in a pretty bad car accident almost a month ago. I was the only person hit but suffered a broken nose and a depressed skull fracture near my temporal lobe. I was in the hospital surgery room within an hour and was out of surgery in another three hours. It wasn't clear what the damage to my brain would be until I would have awoke from the anesthesia. To everyone's surprise I awoke a few hours later, fully aware and knew what had happened, although I didn't realize until a few minutes after that they had shaved my head and done major surgery.
So far, and to everyone's amazement I'm pretty much normal, the same as I was before the accident. I did have slight bleeding in the brain and had a monitor stuck in there, that was then removed the next day. The surgeon fixed my skull fracture and used two screws and everything. I knew where I was, who people were, and could even do some math. I left the hospital five days after the accident. A nurse told me not to drink or smoke for the next three months. My hair is actually growing in pretty well :-)
I used to smoke cigarettes, marijuana and drink all before the accident. I haven't tried anything since. My aunt who is a nurse informed me if I were to have a cigarette I could possibly have a seizure. Now I've recently read about people with epilepsy being prescribed to marijuana, and how the cannibanoid receptors help decrease the chances of have a seizure. So my question is, would it be safe to smoke marijuana after the head trauma four weeks ago? Not necessarily in a large amount of course.
Please don't answer with "smoking weed is bad for you" or "you shouldn't be smoking weed anyways". I'm looking for just advice :-)

lightthesky,

I had a depressed skull fracture and began smoking marijuana a few weeks after surgery. I feel fine and everything is the same as before the accident. I wouldn't worry about it, just don't smoke and drive, you don't want another accident... have a good recovery.

G

I have a skull fracture and TBI and was told by several doctors not to smoke because it inhibits the healing of the skull fracture. They never specified cigarettes or marijuana but I used to use both and had stayed away from both for about four months after the accident. I've smoked pot a couple times but have quit once again because it takes at least a year for the fracture to heal and whether it's cigarette smoke or marijuana smoke, it's smoke and I don't want to risk my head from healing. It's hard because I love smoking but I think it's worth it. I have baked with it a couple times, however.

you'll be fine trust me i had a brain injury and smoked weed recently after and was fine... just no blunts because they have nicotine and that restricts blood-flow to your brain which is no good so go ahead and toke up otherwise

I understand what your saying I was hit by a car 12/29/11 and I had skull fractures and a traumatic brain injury they had to take a piece of my skull out to let my brain swell but my doctor said smoking pot is the safest drug to use. I tried it, it has not done any serious damage to me at all. so try ity if you want. hope you heal fine, god bless.

I just suffered a skull fracture near my ear so far iv only been smoking bud thru water bongs and CBD thru a vape pen and it definitely helps Stilll assessing negative effects

so far only down side has been the pain from Coughing