My little cousin got a skull fracture in a car accident. But, fortunately, he is ok now. He didn’t need to go to surgery because the head injury wasn’t so hard. I’m wondering can skull fracture cause bleeding. Tell me something about bleeding that happen because of skull fracture, please. Thanks!

Bleeding can happen when a sharp fragment of bone cuts through one of the major blood vessels in the skull. As the injured vessel bleeds, a collection of blood called a hematoma forms in the space between the skull and the outermost membrane covering the brain. This can cause severe injury and even death.

Hi there,
It is unfortunate to hear that your little cousin was in a car accident. However you have to know that every skull fracture is not that simple and it needs medical attention. I think that he should’ve went to the hospital in order to get checked by the doctor. Now every skull fracture can cause bleeding, because there are blood vessel in your skin all over your head. In some cases the bleeding will be smaller but in some you will have more severe bleeding. It depends on the fracture as well. I hope that this was helpful in any way and that your cousin won’t be in any danger.

All the best,
Danella