Hi guys.

So, three days ago I had this intravetreal injection since I have heard that it can help me with my eyes issues. And, it was all OK in the beginning, but very soon I spotted this infection and problems with my eyes. What to do? I just can't describe you how terrified I am about this whole situation. I believed that this will make a good to me, but guess that I was really, really wrong. I don't know what to do, I am scared to see a doctor again because I have listened to him and this is what happened. How can I help myself? 

Hm, there are some potential issues and problems from this injection. I am very surprised because your doctor hasn't told you about these. Or he did, but you didn't listen to him? Just asking. Those risks are common in the treatment. Some patients also reported it. Just some of the potential issues are eye pain, eye redness, eye swelling, you have vision issues, you also see some discharge and there are some possibilities that you can see a blood coming out of your eyes.  Also, you may notice that your eyes are more sensitive to a light than they were before or never before. You can see some flashes, light floaters, etc. 

Do you have any of these? 

Hi.

Intravetreal injection is one of the macular degeneration treatment. The main problem that can happen is a pain, of course. Now, it all depends on what you feel, what type of pain you are dealing with. Sure, a patient usually doesn't report any significant discomfort,  but a lot of them do report burning, pain while they are moving their eyes, also patients sometimes do believe that they have somebody in the eye, etc. Those all are the possibilities that can happen after the injection and this is normal, if you are dealing with some of those, you have to know that this will go away. 

Hi, well, its been a month after the procedure, so I am fine so far, but I came back because I want to give my advice to all those people who need it, I want to help all of those people whom I am able to help. Yes, I felt this burning and I wanted to wash my eye all the time because I believed that I have something like a glass in my eye and it was really irritating to me. So, I went to talk to my doctor and he told me that this is normal and that I should not touch it at all, that it will go away for a couple of days. So, it did. But I must say that this pain was killing me, so my doctor prescribed a pills for me in order to control that pain. Successfully, tnx God.

Good day everyone.
It is something that is scary. I had it and of course, I believed that there is something wrong with me. So, he checked and he told me that I have some eye-threatening condition called Endophthalmitis. It seems that this surgery did something that very irritated a surface of my eye. My eye was red, it was irritating, it was dry, I don't know, and we do know that the eye will typically produce a significant amount of tears. But, you should know that the eye will heal without any intervention within 12-24 hours, which is good, but if this doesn't' happen, you should seek for help. But those things are normal after this kind of the procedure.

Celebrity

The first thing that you need to do when you believe that you have an infection after this procedure is next - don't touch your eye. Because, you can make it worse by irritating it, etc. I know that this is irritating and that you think that you can't without touching and to rub your eye, but trust me, you can only make it worse, especially because you do know that your hands are usually dirty and full of the bacteria. So, visit your doctor immediately and tell him your suspicions. He will prescribe some antibiotics if there is an infection, I am sure. 

Hands are the biggest source of the bacterias, no matter how often your are washing your hands. so I have to agree that you must not touch your eyes at all. Those infections can happen, it is nothing unusual, but you need to consult your doctor, the doctor who preformed this surgery in the first place. You need to tell him your symptoms and why you are suspecting that you are having this infection. Maybe it is not an infection, maybe it is just a normal procedure that your eye is struggling after this injection, because not everyone can accept this procedure without having any side - effects.

Look, there are the risks that can happen if you caught the eye infection! Never leave it behind. One of the most common things that can happen is an Endophthalmitis. This is an inflammation of the internal parts of the eye that actually can happen after the treatments and surgeries, but particularly cataract surgery.  Well, this type of the condition usually develops and appears in the first week after surgery. In that case, this problem causes a range of symptoms, and some of those symptoms are pain, redness, decreasing vision, eyelid redness, etc.  You need to keep in your mind that it is extremely important to seek medical care immediately.