Hello

I am a 31 year old dark blond guy with light skin. I'm not kidding when I say that I can see those insane under-eye circles in my first grade school pictures. I always look tired. I assume this is wholly connected with my skin tone which shows the blood vessels under my lower eyelids off really well.

If I were a woman I could just stick on some foundation or concealer or whatever else is out there. I'm a guy though and I do not want to look like I am wearing makeup, so I am not going there.

What can  do to get rid of these horrible circles that make me look perpetually hung over, tired, older, and just plain like I don't take care of myself?

Circles under the eyes are one of the most common beauty problems anyone can encounter, men or women alike. The tricky aspect of this is that though dark circles under the eyes are common, they're caused by different things.

Here are some things you could try:

• Use a cooling eye cream
  • Splash cold water on your face
  • Use lemon to bleach any pigmentation issues
  • Keep well hydrated
  • Get more sleep
  • Drink less alcohol and coffee
  • Use aloe vera to reduce puffiness
  • See a dermatologist about hypervascularity if none of that works out

There are tons more easy remedies that may or may not work but this is a good start.

Ah, under eye circles. You really don't wanna know how many topics we've had about those and how many different solutions people have proposed since I became a member of this forum, hmm... abouts a year ago, I think? What I've taken away from all those threads we've had, and I get 'em too sometimes so I do always read and learn, is "different strokes for different folks". Some of the time those buggers are caused by sun damage, other times they're just a matter of lack of fat in that area making your blood vessels more visible, other times it's fatigue, other times it's allergies... basically you can experiment with home remedies already mentioned, and also think about whether you're using cosmetics you may be reacting to or whether you have hay fever and stuff like that, and if your circles go away you've struck gold. Mind you, if you're worried because for instance it's really affecting your self esteem you may wanna check in with your GP or even a dermatologist. I hear your frustration and I hope you can find a solution.

Well, how about this?

1. Drink at least eight glasses of water every day.

2. Get enough vitamin C, A, E, and Omega 3 fatty acids as well.

3. No smoking, over-caffeinated business, drinking too much.

4. Go for a run outside 30 minutes each day. Helps clear congestion right up in many cases. And nasal congestion has a lot to do with dark circles.

5. Yes, get tested for allergies!

Hope that helps

Insane undereye circles? Since you have had them since childhood and I assume that your parents took you to the doctor regularly, I tentatively assume that if those circles were caused by some medical problem, it would have been caught right now. I had a friend in school, high school mind you, who had them too. She had blond hair, blue eyes, and crazy light skin. I assumed it was because her skin was translucent that those eyes appeared darker. A bit of makeup fixed it fine, but of course you are not going to go that route. I do suggest shooting a dermatologist a mail, which pics included, so you can see if they might suggest laser treatment for that.

Celebrity

I am in a similar situation as you are, though I am older than you. I have always had shadows under my eyes, but with age, they have worsened without a doubt. I tried vitamin C serum, hyaluronic acid serum, lemon juice and honey, witch hazel for inflammation, you name it. When people started asking me whether I got enough sleep frequently, I even visited a dermatologist.

Ultimately, I still use the serums and they have helped improve my overall appearance but I am not up for any invasive procedures, whether they be laser or fillers. I have concluded that this is just an inherent feature I have. (I have been tested and am otherwise healthy with no deficiencies.)

Everyone has got something they are unhappy about in their appearance. This is my biggest beef. However, it is just what I look like and I have decided to just care for my skin and learn to accept myself.

Rosie

Hello

I have the same problem, I am a 19 year old male and since starting college I got these insane (that is the right word OK) circles under my eyes. I never used to have them and I'm not saying that their origin is a mystery. It's got to be a combo of the bad eating, lack of sleep, and ehm, alcohol. But even when I sleep in, I still wake up with them though. Unfortunately I don't know any tricks and stuff so reading this thread for answers. I guess splashing cold water on it doesn't do anything for me and I need to like use vitamins or something. I'm going to look into a vitamin C serum like someone suggested but what about internal vitamins?