Hello, folks. I have been suffering from sinusitis. However, I have been experiencing floaters in my eyes. I would really like to know whether sinusitis can cause this condition on my eye. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me this. Thank you for all your replies. This will mean a lot to me. Bye, guys!

Hi, there. I am not sure. Floaters are in fact cells in vitreous humor. They can interfere with normal vision. I am not sure whether infection from sinuses can affect this. I know that nose and lacrimal gland are connected. You should consult your ophthalmologist about this. I am sorry I don’t know any details. I hope everything will be all right. Bye!

Good day! Floaters in your eyes can mean vision problems in the first place,  but it can also just be a sign of some other illness, such as sinus trouble or a migraine as well.  But also, this can occur if you were at some dark place for a while, and after that, you just step out into a sunlight, and then you went again to the dark place. That can affect you a lot. I had a problem with it as well, but I remember that when I went to see my doctor about this, he told me that I need to learn how to relieve internal sinus swelling first and I will feel much better.

Still, don't know what this means...  

I have experienced the same.

I have experienced the same, onset of floaters after sinusitis. Never had floaters before. My floaters are only in the left eye , where I had acute pain around the eye. I have read a lot about it and there is about 30% of people experienced the same. Somebody even explained the causes. Behind our eyes is ethmoid sinus. It is large cavity. If it is infected and swollen puts pressure on the eye ball ( the vitreous humour). In some people the pressure causes development of floaters. Of course not every sinusitis causes floaters, not all floaters are from sinusitis. I believe definitely it is from sinusitis. Sinusitis is the most common reason for developing floaters ( among younger people) on all (floaters discussions )

i have the same case specially in my left eye i have a lot of floaters , where i always have pressure between my nose and eye,
my CT show Conca bullosa in left side , i think it have relation

experiencing the same here. just got a script for antibiotics for possible sinus infection. Is there a chance the floaters will go away once the infection goes away or are they here for good?

same exp here. I want to cure this thing so much. I want more information about this too . Help me pls.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

People start think. Floaters are due to liquefaction of vitreous, how snius problem can cause this?. Firts will be damage retina and you will lose sight.

Sinus problems, suck

Infection in ethmoid sinus, raises temperature in eye ball.

I have had a chronic sinus infection for the past few weeks and have experienced these floaters there was something irritating my eye extremely and I'm not sure if the floaters caused the irritation in eye or not but I took a few of them out my self and looked at them and they resemble the same look as the mucus produced from the infection. My eye is extremely swollen and I pray it gets better.

I've got same problem continously eye floaters and even more worse with fascial pain --'got complete eye check ups ,hado an MRI eyes and orbit ,scan of eyes and every thing went fine,,,pretty sure these are due to sinus inflammation.

Do you know how to relieve the pressure? This is happening to me right now. I had no floaters than BOOM a bunch and an insane pressure. I am perplexed on what to do?

I was wondering the same thing as I've recently developed floaters in one eye, and have had sinus pain for a couple of weeks. I saw an optician who diagnosed a small posterior vitreous detachment.Unfortunately the floaters are a permanent thing.