Hello, folks. My friend had infective endocarditis and ever since then he has a special regime when he goes to the dentist. I do not understand why this is like that. Perhaps, some of you can explain me this link between these two entities. I would be very grateful for that. Thank you in advance.

Hello, there. Your friend is right. Since he had infective endocarditis, he should be extra careful when going to the dentist. After every dental procedure, certain bacteria go into the bloodstream. These bacteria can attach to certain heart structures and damage them. If one has already have endocarditis, his valves are already damaged in a certain range. That is why these people take antibiotics before and after the procedure. I hope this helps. Good luck to your friend. Bye!

Hi, everyone. I know about this regime when one goes to the dentist. It is very important to prevent another infective endocarditis. This disease can be very dangerous, even fatal if not treated properly. If one has had it, he must tell that to his dentist. Otherwise, consequences can be serious. I hope your friend will be all right. I am sorry I couldn’t provide you with more details. Good luck with all! Bye!