My brother has a constant conflict with law. I wouldn’t like to go into details, but he has been sent to the psychiatrist as well. It seems that he has Antisocial Personality Disorder. He began his treatment, but the psychiatrist warned me about the difficulty of this treatment. I would like to know what prognosis is for people with this disorder.

Hi, there. It is good that your brother started treatment. However, usually prognosis is not so good for people with Antisocial Personality Disorder. This condition is caused by a failure to obey the society’s norms. These people are often marked because of their criminal behavior. These people don’t find that they are the ones who are having problems. The world is problematic place – as they see it. If the progress is made, it takes a longer period of time. I hope your brother will show some improve. Please, let me know the outcome. Good luck!