My left collarbone sticks out further than my left one. I don't have any pain, just a little tightness here and there. Although it does bother me to sleep on my side after awhile. It does'nt seem to be any lymph nodes, because i feel my actual bone and there are no bumps. It's a little higher than the other side. I have set an appt. with my doctor, but can you tell me anything to prepare me?

Thank you, Katlyn

I wish i knew i have the same ordeal my left collarbone sitcks out of my chest higher then my right i has frightend me a little but everything does.. any word on this?

What did you find out? I have the same symptoms and have seen 3 different doctors with not much help? Please shed some light?

The right side of my collarbone also sticks out much farther than my right. Sometimes it gets larger and hurts. I have psoriatic arthritis and have been told by the rheumatologist that this is a common symptom of the disease. Had an xray that showed an enlarged joint, confirming the doctor's diagnosis. Hope this helps.

You just said, guest that posted about the psoriatic arthritis that you have, you said your right side of your collarbone sticks out much farther then your right? that makes no sense, but as for the topic my left side sticks out way far too! what is this wierdness lol, i don't have any health problems though. so strange how our bone is funky. XD

My right collar bone sticks out a bit. Which I never really noticed before, but one day I was looking in the mirror & there was a slight glare from the bathroom light that hit my collar bone. Now I'm trying to figure out how long it's been like this. Every now & the I experience pain just below it, sometimes around it. I went to see a Dr. but says it's just calcium build up. (He didn't know what to say.) My right should pops out on it's own a lot, so I'm not sure if it was caused from that? No one has an answer, not even for why my shoulder is popping out. If anyone finds out anything I would sure like to hear it too. Good luck to all!

Its nice to know other people have the same symptom... sounds just like what's going on with me. My left collar bone and the top rib there that's right underneathe it stick out noticeably further than my right. I've aways been skinny but I only just noticed that one side was sticking out way further.. I know that it has not always been that way. I saw a couple doctors who took x-rays and said everything seemed 'normal' and that no one is perfectly symmetrical and that I probably have just never noticed it. Then I went to a chiropractor who thought it was a little odd and maybe I just somehow got 'out of wack.' He thought adjustments might be able to help. A second chiropractor I saw said she thought it was strange and that she would worry it was some sort of tumor but the x-rays show nothing there. She said she'd never seen anything like it in 30 years of the job.
Like others said, mine is not painful or anything and it seems to be the bone itself.. or calcium buildup or something. But also the left side in addition to being out further, is down lower than the right side and its really obvious when i stretch my shoulders back. I'm really hoping to figure out what exactly this is, like everybody else... and I hope to hear if anyone finds anything out. I'll post if I ever figure it out. I'm only 24 and there is no pain so I dont think it is arthritis but who knows.
Does anyone feel like theirs is still becoming worse or more prominent?

It might be due to a mild scoliosis in your back. Ask your doc to check.

I have the same issue with my right collarbone. I just noticed it protruding a lot more than the left about three weeks ago. It is especially noticeable when I put my arms back. I have no pain or other symptoms. I have been to an internist as well as an orthopedist who have both said they aren't sure what it is but they don't think it's anything to worry about. An xray I had done was came back normal. I am very self conscious about it cosmetically. Has anyone found out more about this or as their condition worsened?

I have the same thing too (right collar bone). It has always stuck out since I was a baby but a few weeks ago it became really noticeable (literally overnight). I did the same things most of the people here talked about. The only thing I would add is I played volleyball a couple weeks after I noticed it and the next day it went back to normal. It stayed normal until yesterday when I played some backyard football and woke up this morning with the same problem again. Personally I think it has something to do with inflammation caused by the bone being dislocated or just displaced a little. I am anxious to play volleyball again in a couple of days if it doesn't get better before to see if I can get it back to normal again. I'll be sure to post if I find out anything useful. 

I have the same problem in my right clavicle I also have a lump Right under my chest bone is kind of sticking out. The other day I found two little bumps in my left shoulder. I was on the doctor today and he just says that there is nothing abnormal about it, I really don't buy that I never had that before and is really visible. My daughter point it out first and I ask my husband if I ever had my clavicle bone looking like this and he say no. My doctor answer it was enough not to worry too much , he say that my right clavicle and sternum are showing more than my left side and my shoulder bones are the same than the right one but now they are sticking out more. I did a lot exercise and weight lifting for many years I don't know if is related. I have pain in my neck arm and chest, skin itching, and weight lost, difficulty breathing, loss of appetite and fatigue.I am thin and this bone are really visible. It really looks like something is growing in my neck, shoulder and chest. I thought it was something bad because my mom dies from lymphoma and actually started at my age she die at 37.  I want to think that is related to my years of training but it doesn’t make sense that it happen after five of stopping weight lifting I use to walk  three to five miles three to four times a week before having all this symptoms, I am clueless I hope someone can help. He sends my back to primary doctor to do some blood test and maybe send me to an allergist. The fatigue has taken a toll on me as I unable to be as active anymore.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I had this it is like you just use that side of your body more than the other. like writing in class your body push your arm up down and all the place. Im 13 that what I think. p.s. I have this to.

I'm 15 and I also have this problem - my right collarbone is lower down and sticks out more than my left. I've had an appointment with my doctor, who sent me to have an x-ray, but nothing unusual showed up. I now have an MRI scan appointment, but it keeps being delayed (I have braces, and I can't have an MRI with them on, so until they come off, I just have to wait.) I don't think it's anything to do with lack of calcium, or using one side of my body more, though. It hasn't always been like this, so any help would be appreciated :)

I wanted to let everyone know that I figured out what happened in my case, and I am sure it is probably the same in some of yours.  I posted awhile ago describing what a lot of others were describing.  I am 25 years old and I noticed the beginning of these symptoms almost two years ago.  My collarbone was sticking out on one side, and it was something I just knew had not been that way previously.  Over time my collarbone continued to stick out further until I noticed my entire rib cage on one side was actually sticking out, and seemed to be lower on the side it was sticking out on (In my case, the left side).  The doctors i went to said "You probably just never noticed it before, you are just not symmetrical."  Chiropractors seemed to be more helpful, suggesting that I was probably 'bent out of shape' and needed some adjustments.  I agreed that it seemed that my bones were actually moving, but why wasn't I feeling any pain or discomfort?  Finally I found a local chiropractor who used the methods of "applied kinesiology."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied_kinesiology give some info on that if you haven't heard of it.  This chiropractor, unlike any of the others I'd been to, took one look at my back and could tell me basically what was happened.  The result of overuse/improper use of my right shoulder had caused it to hunch inward more than my left one, which I hadn't actually noticed but now I see that it is obvious and my right shoulder actually sits slightly higher than my left.  He explained that the right side of my body was then trying to overcompensate for the imbalance and that was what was causing my collar bone on the left side.  He also pointed out that my hips were about "a half inch off" which may be a result of the shoulder or it may have started in the hips first.  I also should point out that it is related that I noticed the last time I was measured at the doctor I had actually shrunk in height.  I used to be almost 5'6", now I am 5'4" and a quarter.  What I figured out is that the "improper" use of my body is caused by one thing that I didn't realize was QUITE so important until recently... posture.  Actually standing incorrectly (I tend to stand and walk in what is called a sway back posture) is what eventually caused these bones to start moving in my body.  When you arent standing/walking in the correct posture none of the movements you do help strengthen your body, instead they are destructive.  The way we were designed to move was designed to keep us healthy and ALIGNED.  It also affects the way we breathe, which is hugely important.  So anybody who had the same symptoms of me, I would suggest even more than a chiropractor who uses applied kinesiology, this book:  8 STEPS to a PAIN-FREE BACK.  By Esther Gokhale.  I just ordered it over amazon after reading the reviews.  I also bought one for my dad who suffers back pain.  I had no idea until reading this book how incorrectly I had been moving, sitting and sleeping.  The book just teaches you how to retrain yourself in a few steps to get comfortable using correct posture, until it becomes automatic and the old posture you were using becomes uncomfortable.  I have been applying it and I already feel the difference.  I will keep posted but I am sure this is going to get my body realligned and my bones back in place.  I should also regain that bit of height I lost!  I hope this helps some of you out :)  Really glad I found this out before I got much more out of wack!  Good luck to everyone ;)

The exact problem with me, because I have socilosis, also one hip is bigger then the other