Hi--I was wondering if anyone knows anything about swollen optic nerves??? I went to the eye doc for routine exam and told I have swollen optic nerves... so, I had MRI of brain and thank God it was ok, lab test--ok and a spinal tap with a opening pressure of 22 ??? my doctor says I have Pseudotumor Cerebri--was put on Diamox 500mg every other day...does anybody else have this??? if so what is the prognosis? any vision loss??? my visual fields where almost normal--I think I am just scared I don't have this and I have something else no one has found??? any input??? thanks Kiele

Hi Kiele, it sounds like what you have are swollen optic nerves It's not something that's very common but I'm glad that you were able to get treatment for it. Is it helping you out at all? Is the Diamox working for you at all? I think that it should work for you relatively quickly so everything should be just fine eventually. I hope that you're doing well though! Please let us know how things are going. And does anyone else have this issue? Kiele sounds pretty scared right now!

i was diagnosed with ptc like 6 months ago i had it for yrs though if u want to talk about my experiences from hell. and my pressure was 30 the normal pressure is between 20 and 25 id get a second opioion "(spelled wrong). i got a vp shunt put in my head though i think i was allergic to diamox. ptc is a very rare condtion but def write back if u wish

hi i was diagnosed with psuedo tumor cerebri. I was told i had swollen optic nerves and i also had a spinal tap to releive pressure. I am taking DIAMOX as well 750mg. My visual test was a little off. My peripheral was not as good as it should have been but I can still see. I get headaches and see flashes of light sometimes. My doctor does not know what causes it and i dont know exactly how long i am going to be on this medication. I know one doctor told me I should try loosing some weight and that may help. It can get really bad if not treated. I have a friend who went completely blind but her sight was restored. Everyone may not be so blessed. So make sure you take your meds like you are suppose to. ( I need to tell myself that too lol). I hope your condition gets better. I do not know you Kiele but I will keep you in my prayers. God bless!

Hi....I know these comments are from a year ago. I was recently diagnosed with PTC also. After 3 spinal taps and mri which all came out ok doctor told me I have PTC. Was told losing weight could help also. Just frustrating to have this condition!