My daughter is diagnosed with pappilederma. She is 14 and she had both eye nerves swelled. Doctor wants to do lumbar puncture, but she already had an MRI. Doctor comment was that was normal. I don’t really understand her condition. How her option didn’t notice this before?

Papilledema is indeed swelling of the optic nerves and indicates increased pressure in the brain. There is a cerebrospinal fluid around the brain and spinal cords. That fluid has its own normal pressure. Pressure can be increased by many things. Since her MRI is ok there is a possibility that she has other condition of increased pressure with a normal brain. It’s important to know whether or not he actually has optic neuropathy (a problem with the optic nerve that has many causes including congenital) or just papilledema which is really a sign of increased pressure rather than something you're born with.