I have some weird symptoms lately such as blurred vision, eye pain, double vision and color vision loss, but also occasional temporary blindness. All this is followed sometimes by weakened muscles and inability to control my legs movements. I wonder is this MS for my grandmother had it and I remember she had much worse symptoms than these are but I’m terrifying of getting MS for I think it has probably something to do with genetics so I wonder these my symptoms –is this MS. Thanks.

Hi there I’m a medicine student and hence could give you some info about MS. As you may suppose it is chronic neurological disease that affects central nervous system and is always brain, spinal cord and optic nerves related. Those symptoms you’ve described are the most common MS symptoms but it doesn’t mean you have MS for these symptoms could easily be related to some other diseases. And it’s not known yet weather the MS is hereditary but it is thought that there must be some genetic link. The MS symptoms are divided into several groups of symptoms depending on the symptoms appearances so you have visual, motor, and sensory as well as the coordination and balance symptoms, and there’re also cognitive symptoms and bowel, bladder and sexual symptoms. Those yours symptoms belongs to a visual and muscle group of symptoms but until you’re not diagnosed with MS it doesn’t mean that what you have is MS. So it would be the best for you to have MRI – magnetic resonance image that is used on diagnosing MS by showing the possible changes of central nervous system. So my advice would be to check it with your medical doc as soon as possible for it’s always better to be diagnosed with MS as early as it is possible in order to gain much effective treatment of the disease.