Hi all. I’m 27 drug addict that would like to get off of it.. Can anybody here tell me where I could find one good psychiatrists licensed to prescribe subutex?? And, is subutex good treatment for people like me??

Well, Subutex and Suboxone are medications approved for the treatment of opiate dependence – if you fit in that category than it is the right treatment for you. Both meds contain the buprenorphine hydrochloride, which works to reduce the symptoms of opiate dependence. Anyway, only qualified doctors with the necessary identification number are able to start in-office treatment and provide prescriptions for ongoing medication. I don’t know where you live so I can’t tell you which doc to call. But, I think that you should speak to your health care provider – he ought a know where you could find one.

I tried unsuccessfully for years to give up heroin while on methadone. I then made the change to subutex and have been clean for 2 years. Stabilize on the subutex and when you want to reduce; go slow. It will be easier than methadone and not so hard on your body. Good luck.

I'm new to this, but I'm in the process of getting off massive narcotics (Fentynal, Morphine, Dilaudid) using both a hospital detox unit (for a week) and then Subutex. I'm also trying to stop a 3-year benzo (Ativan) habit. Lastly, I'm also trying to stabilize on psych meds for anxiety and depression.

Obviously, it's hard to know what's withdrawl (i.e. you just have to be patient) and what's been there all the time underneath the abuse, making sober life miserable (i.e. you might need psych meds (antidepressants, mood stabilizers). Any experience with this? I'm in AA, and I've found most people are extremely judgmental about all of this - they truly don't understand the difference between psych meds and drug abuse.

Obviously there a many topics here. I'm open to any thoughts, experiences, stories, etc. Also questions; I have made it through the worst of it - without cigarettes - and may have some answers too.