I am currently in my second month of pregnancy, and taking subutex. I decreased the amount down to 2 mg. a day. For the past couple weeks I have been having very bad burning in my stomach, intestines, and heartburn. I know the heartburn is normal, but I have 2 other children; and when I was pregnant with them I did not have this problem. During my pregnancy with my 2nd child I was on suboxone, (a very small amount) and did not have this problem. So I was wondering if my symptoms were being caused by the subutex or if it was something else. Any answers or ideas would be well appreciated. Thanx!

I also am on the generic form of subutex (busphenephorine) and pregnant...and yes it does cause some indigestion. I'm attributing it to the very awful pill taste. (honestly...the suboxone tasted better...and it tasted awful to begin with). At least the suboxone had that orange flavor to cover it...the busphenphorine (at least mine) tastes of straight pill. YUK. However, the suboxone is worse for you then the subutex during pregnancy...I did some extensive research consulted my doc and discovered the naloxone present in the suboxone has been shown to be bad for the fetus in some studies. Subutex, however, has been found to not be fetal or embryotoxic thus far. So bone up on the antacids (as I did) and hold out.

Either way. Cutting down is a really, really, really god thing. If you can find it in yourself to quit entirely eventually...heck, that's even better. Both suboxone and subutex are not meant to be on forever. They are a means to quitting.

Here is a good link to follow to give you some info on this subject: http://hubpages.com/hub/Pregnant-or-Breastfeeding-Buprenorphine-Suboxone--Subutex-or-Methadone---Safe-for-Baby-and-Mom

Thank you so much for the current and very informative web site. It was just what I was looking for and lots of great links to more information regarding Subutex and pregnancy. Thanks again.

Also, if you don't mind may I ask how your baby is doing and did on the Subutex with withdrawl symptoms? Thanks!