Hi I just wanted some advic on my subject. I am 29 years old and have been addicted to vicodin,percacet and oxycontin for about 3 years. I am 5 1/2 months pregnant now but I have cut myself down to mostly vicodin. I take about 5 pills a day.I can't stop cause the withdrawal kills me. What can I do and what harm am I doing to my unborn baby? Please help :'(

i'm very sorry to hear about this. i have heard that going through withdrawls during pregnancy can be worse on your baby than the medication. but i think you maybe need to seek the help of a professional. there are lots of women that have the same problem as you, and there are people that can help you. looking for help shows how comitted you are to being good to your baby. good luck.

Heres a question I have LOTS of experiance in.... I have chronic pain from a severe back injury (have taken all of the meds you listed, while pregnant and not) and have worked with opiate dependent pregnant woman... Your baby will be fine. If you are taking these street it would be best if you were to get yourself to a methadone clinic and get treated with this. Methadone prevents the highs and lows of withdrawl that will be harmful to the baby and possiably even cause premature labor and/or low birthweight. ALSO, if you are getting these medications illegally and your baby is born in withdrawl and/or with these meds in his system (very possiable) Child protective services will get involved and it wont be good...BUT if you get into methadone treatment all they can do is ask you a few questions and go on their merry little way. Methadone is the BEST opiate for a pregnant woman hands down.. and by no means should you try to reduce your vicodin any more- even if you are not feeling withdrawl your baby will (baby feels it before we do.)

**edited by moderator**web addresses not allowed**

I have a very good friend that has been addicted to percacet for nearly 4 years and is pregnant she is roughly about 4 months or so and hasnt been to the doctors yet?We are in college and stress is high and as well as she has 2 other children! This is something that I have to restrict myself Because I dont agree with the continuance of the opiate!I must Say I am completely Appaled and disgusted that you would encourage this filth to a addicted pregnant women and to let you now I witnessed a child born still with no back skull due to opiate addiction so you should learn more about your speach befor Ugiveit! As well as I have a neighbor that has not had her children for four months due to a positive of pot in her system while a regular screening was being done while pregnant!!!! PS watch what you hear and say because Addicts to drugs and alcohol hold on to every word that says it okay and you cant,or,shouldent stop! Please be careful

you should talk to your doctor about it. i am 30 weeks pregnant and my doctor has me taking 6 lortabs a day. i had been on Oc's for almost 2years when i found out i was pregnant.. i was very honest with my doctor and he said it was worse on the baby to detox. so im taking the tabs until my son gets here then my doctor is putting me on methadone to help get me off of pain pills. be careful and talk to your doctor. good luck. i know first hand how hard opiate addiction really is.

There is a web site u should go to naabt.org go on and find a doc near u it will change ur life

Dont listen to that quest who said that you should DISCONTINUE your opiate abuse. If you do, you could lose the baby. Obviously THAT person does not know what THEY are talking about. Yes, addicts do like to have excuses to continue to use, but when women who are addicts become pregnant, they just want to do what is best. TALK TO A DOCTOR...IT WILL SAVE NOT ONLY YOUR LIFE BUT YOUR BABY'S LIFE AS WELL. There is treatment out there. I am 18 weeks pregnant myself, and have been off of oxy for more than 30 days with subutex treatment. Yes I still crave the drug, but I just tell myself that the craving will only last for a short while before it passes. I am happier than I have ever been...

I was abusing Fentynal during my entire pregnancy. I felt overwhelming guilt, but knew that if I quite I would lose the baby so I kept using. At times, I abused over 3000 milligrams of fentynal a day. My son was born 7 weeks early and was 3lbs 14 oz. He did not go through withdraws, but had to stay in the NICU for 2 weeks so that he could gain weight and be properly observed by medical staff. When he was about a year old, I left my son and husband and went to a residential treatment program. It was the hardest thing in the world to leave my baby and husband, but I knew I would come back a better wife and mother. I have been sober for almost a year and my son is two years old now. Hopefully, he'll never remember how I behaved when I was high. He is a completely normal little boy and by the grace of God he hasn't had any behavioral or developmental issues. I sometimes regret not getting treatment sooner...I would like to be able to remember what it was like to cuddle my new born son...but I am grateful for the time I have now. I hope my experience helps you in someway. I'm a 30 year old mother recovering from chronic pain and a nasty addiction to fentynal, I hope you are able to get treatment so that you can be the mother that I know you want to be!
Leslie

hello my name is tina i am 23 years old and i have been taking opiates for a while now about 3 years i work alot and im on my feet plus i was in a bad car accident but mostly i am addictd to perks oxys...opanas...i might be prgnant and my boyfriends fam has noo idea i take anything like this and if they found out idk what thet would do. i need to know what to take to get myself off and clean i dont want to hurt my baby...i was just gunna quit cold turkey but i rad not to do that. i WONT GO ON METHADONE! i have taken suboxon before but i dont think thats good for me i dont know what to do im so scared and i rally want my baby to be ok and not hurt from me doing drugs help me please any advice:-(