Hello, I live in Lebanon where the pharmacies don't sell subutex or methadone, but heroin is omnipresent. Anyway, I have been taking heroin for many years but I had stopped for 3-4 years when I lived abroad and had access to Sub. Now, that I'm back to leb I started taking again but have stopped since 3 days. Someone has brought me 400 mg of Methadone and 3 boxes of 8 mg Subutex. So, what I did, was to start with the Methadone cause you can take them without a 24 hours wait (unlike subutex).
Anyway, my question is what should I do now. I still have some methadone and all of the subutex. I have taken 110 mg the first day, 80 the second and around 60-70mg of methadone today. Should I change to subutex tomorrow, or should I finish the metha, by taking less and less and then switch or is there no way to avoid the withdrawal from the switch?
P.S: Some told me to take Heroin again for a couple of days to do the switch; that it was the only way to avoid suffering, but I really wanted to stop and have managed to convince myself that never again.
Thanks and sorry for the long question.

Unfortunatelyw hen you are taking this sort of thing to get off heroin, you have to take the plunge and deal withs ome of the negative repercussions of quitting so it happens sometimes. What's working for you? Withdrawal is usually unavoidable, but I may be off on that. Does anyone else have an idea?

Guest wrote:

Thanks and sorry for the long question.

NO DONT TAKE HEROINE AS SUBBYS ARE A BLOOKER ANYWAY

what ever you do do not take subutex whilst taking quite ahigh dose of methadone as subutex can have the reverse effect and can put you into a forced withdrawal best to get methadone down to a low dose then go onto subutex at a dose that you feel comfortable on then reduce by 2mg daily until you feel ready to take final leap and stop taking you will go through a certain amount of withdrawal but nothing compared to a heroin withdrawal or methadone withdrawal which in my oppinion is far worse good luck

para hacer el cambio de matadona a sobotex es recomendable estar con menos de 40 mg de metadona,luego esperar 40 horas sin metadona y empezar luego con subotex