I am 32 and I would like to know more about bupenorphine. My best friend is in rehab from drug abuse and he mentioned me something about this medicine. Why is it being used for detox? I want to help my friend. I would appreciate any information.

It is nice to hear that you are worried about your friend. I am sure that he is happy to have you. There are a lot of ways that you can you’re your friend. Buprenorphine is a drug that is being used for detox of opiates. It is a vital therapeutic part in the treatment of opiate addiction in between the pure agonist effects of methadone and the antagonist effects of naltrexone. It offers relative benefits like an effective medication; it works to reduce the level of heroin use and cravings. It is also less toxic than opioid agonists and it is nearly impossible to die from overdose. However, this can happen in case when additional depressant drugs are being abused. Buprenorphine shows the feasibility, effectiveness, and safety of providing partial agonist treatment. Buprenorphine treatment is desirable, since it can help to promote the shifting of opioid treatment into mainstream medicine. It can also expand access to opioid treatment services. Without confusing you additionally with these medical terms, I hope that I was clear enough. I hope that your friend will be ok.