I was prescribed vicodin starting in 2004 which I took on and off from then until 2006. I was then switched to percs and then to oxys. April 24 of last year I went into suboxine (sp?) treatment and then switched to subutex when I found out I was pregnant in November.

I started weaning then, I started out on 2 pills a day so 16mg and slowly decreased 1/2 a pill every 2-4 weeks and just went off completely on Friday from 2mg subutex.

I am misreable! I am 24 weeks pregnant and I can't sleep, can't eat, cold sweats, CHILLS, restless legs and body. When will this go away and what can I do to help with this? I know theres not much because I'm pregnant and I am weaning for the specific purpose of having a happy healthy baby and being able to breastfeed....but I am so sick I can barely get out of bed to take care of my 2 1/2 year old and go to work.

Mama DONOT TAKE YOUR SELF OFF OF THE SUBUTEX i am 20 weeks preg and i was told by 20 dr that if you ween your self off you will have a miscarriage and lose the baby what your experiencing is withdrawls!!! and its killing your baby please just stay on them until the baby is born cause getting off subutex is way worse than staying on it while preg ... there is a 90% cance of loseing the baby taking yourself off of them or even lowering your dose please if you dont beolive me ask you obgyn and your sub dr they will let you know all

I am also Pregnant, in my first trimester...i live in the Hull, England and dont have any family support but an absolutely fantastic partner, drug councillor and a team of other ex users/keyworkers/nurses that have supported me all the way through my addiction. Ive recently come off methodone and am now on a monitered reduction (slowly) with subutex (buprenorphine sublingual), 8ml.

I was taking street heroin for 8 years, 4 of them whilst on a Methodone Script...I STRONGLY BELIEVE THAT METHODONE DOES NOT HELP THE PATIENT GET OFF HEROIN. in my opinion Methodone is used to protect society, for some reason "they" thought putting addicts on high doses (the higher the better) would stop the want/need for heroin-therefore reduction of crime rates etc...as all addicts know its not that simple. Addiction is a desease of the mind, and simply taking awawy the physical withdrawls isnt a cure. In my experience most (i'm aware not all) heroin addicts-including myself-have suffered some kind of trauma, and/or are victims of there environment (i.e Learnt behaviour).... In order to "get better" one has to change a habbit, change ones thought patterns, and often re-learn who we are (for me, time stood still- but i'd grown up without even noticing it! and am now starting to re discover my personality traits, which aint always good ones!)  and how to live without the only crutch we become accustomed to in times of trouble. it's about learning how to live in your own own skin, warts and all, and accepting it. which takes great willpower, stregnth of charactor and an amazing amount of over analysing, whilst really trying to find some kind of balance that where happy with...

Addicts/ex addicts are strong charactors! I'm trying to think about all the effort, endless missions, 20mile walks somedays! just for a tenner bag- then focus ALL that effort and energy into something positive...like my course (i'm hoping to become a drugs councillor). Humans are creatures of habbit- its in our very souls- breaking habbits in my opinion is about practise practise and more practise, attempt after attempt. There lies the point, Treating the physical effects does not reach the core- the psycological side.

Sorry for the long winded post! (i'm gonna blame it on hormones! lol)....I'd just like to wish you all the luck in the world, and hope your well and happy :) Us addicts and ex addicts have an amazing insight into a dark place, that no book in the world could teach- the daily battle we face or faced is meddle worthy! :)

(I AM NOT A DR AND HAVE NO MEDICAL TRAINING, SPEAKING ONLY FROM EXPERIENCE AND OWN OPINION)

Lil' Karis - I see that you wrote a few months ago. I'm assuming you hae already had your baby or about too. I am also a recovering herion addict. I just found out I am pregnant. I went from Suboxone to Subutex because I refuse to go on Methadone - I was on it before and I really don't like it.

I was also a different person at that time, but I still don't want to be on it.

My question is - how are you and your baby. My concerns are withdraw symptoms of the baby when born - or weening myself off and withdrawl symptoms on the unborn baby.

I also want to breast feed. I went from 8mg suboxone to 1-2 mg subutex. I feel fine - I just want my baby to be ok

I just wanted to ask you ..did your doctor make you taper off of the subutex or was it your decision? I  just found out that I am pregnant and I i  too on subutex . Is that what my doctor is going to do?

No - I decided to do the taper myself and I feel great. From my research - I can still breastfeed and the baby should have minimal if any with draw effects when born - I am praying none

Hope this helps