My kid, 9 years old, just started with soccer trainings. He likes playing and finds a lot of fun in all of this, and that is what is most important to me. Anyway, the entire team has to undergo some medical tests and it seems that he is a bit afraid of it. They'll perform pulmonary function test, blood test, stuff like that. I know about blood test, but this pulmonary function test is a new thing to me. Can you tell me what is it so that I can prepare him for that?

Pulmonary function test is nothing to be afraid about. Its function is to determine whether our lungs are working properly or not. It measures how much air we can breathe in, how fast we breathe in and out, the quality of oxygen/carbon dioxide exchange and other. Its main method of measuring is called spyrometry. During this test, the examinee just has to breathe in a mouthpiece that is connected to a spirometer which measures everything I alredy mentioned. No need for fear at all!