Hi, my son is 12 years old and his coach in the school told me that he is very talented for running. He was wining on many youth running competitions especially in distance running. His coach also told me it would be great if he would start to train in these years so I would like to know something more about running distances.

Hi, there are many things you would know about running distances but I guess that your child's coach will take care for major part of it. You would know how to prepare your son for proper training and how to provide him good conditions for it.
As he will run very much first thing you would think about is good pair of shoes. It will take care of his feet and prevent many injuries. Also he would eat plenty of carbon hydrates and drink a lot of water as he will lose it trough his sweat. When he is not running he would rest properly and prepared for his physical activities. Also if he got injured he would skip few trainings until it pass.