Hello! I am interested in gaining some info over aortic atherosclerosis for my dad has recently been diagnosed with this and his doc in fact was talking about I think it’s called aortic aneurysm which was actually caused by aortic atherosclerosis. I am pretty bad in understanding these terms but I know that my dad went to check his health condition for totally different reason and he ended up with such diagnose like aortic atherosclerosis which actually have caused his abdominal aortic aneurysm with a size of 3cm in diameter. And I wonder why he was not directed to some surgery or some other special treatment for I understood being diagnosed this way isn’t a joke so I am concerned will my dad be ok and what have caused him this condition?

Hi my mom also was diagnosed with small aortic aneurysm and in this cases surgery is never performed for the aneurysm at this stage might be controlled by regular ultrasound checks every 6 or 12 months and by controlling other risk factors that may cause further enlargement of aneurysm. I know she was advised to stop smoking right away and avoid drinking coffee and fat foods, the light exercise are also very advisable in this condition. So all these are risk factors including high blood pressure that causes aortic atherosclerosis and this term describes the way that plaques of fats, cholesterol and other materials are collecting gradually on the arteries lining and by the time they form and movable tissue that at some point might break off and the usually result is a stroke. When that happens the chances for survival are very small. So according these facts it is very

HI THERE READ FORUm aBOUT ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURISM, YOU WILL Find it useful, HOW IS YOUR dad, MY HUSBAND haS HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE AND HAS AN ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM with thromBus ut the docor did not , HIS UNCLE HAS THE SAME AND HIMS MUM HAD THE SAME, UNFORTUNATELY SHE PASSED AWAY BEFORE GETTING THE OPERATION DONE, , HE IS 53 AND HIS UNCLE IS 74, HOW OLD IS YOUR MUM THE DOCTOR ADVISED ALL HIS SISTERS AND BROTHERS TO GET THEMSELVES CHECKED FOR IT, MY HUSBAND SMOKES TOO AND HAS NOT QUIT IT WORRIES ME ALOT MY CHILDREN HAVE TO GET THEMSELVES CHECKED WHEN THEY ARE FORTY KEE p US INFORMED AS TOHOW YOUR Dad IS GOING,