i am 32 weeks pregnant and keep feeling a weird pulsating feeling, it feels like the baby kicking, but is quick like a heart beat

HI, well no real concerns if you have reached 32 weeks of pregnancy with modern technology, these days, baby will be nice and well looked after, even if born now.

Do you know what brackston hicks contractions are?? and l probably spelt that wrong. This is Your body is practicing for birth, l would hope you are in the care of a doctor/gyno for your pregnancy , why not give him a call on the phone , or mention this on your next visit if it is bothering you, and tell him/her your worries.

It may also be the baby hiccuping that happened to me, but tell your doctor about your concerns. He/She can check to make sure everything is okay with your pregnancy.

I am 35 weeks pregnant and also having the pulsating. It is a little slower than the baby's heartbeat and everyone I have talked to agrees with me that it's like he's practicing breathing, the midwife wasn't worried about it when I rang her either... It's a really neat feeling all the same :-) Hope all goes well.

having the same pulsating.. quite often infact. MUST know what it is. I hope its just the hiccups, but she has them so often...

I am glad someone else is going through this...! This is my 2nd pregnancy and Ive never felt anything like it before. It's quicker than hiccups but slower than a heartbeat, mine is always in my lower abdomen, like almost in my pelvic area on the side. It comes and goes and is not always regular in pulsing. I think I'm going to mention it on my appt this week. Im 35 weeks pregnant, so Im sure everything is fine, just want to know what it is! lol

I also have the pulsating sensation and am at 33 weeks. It started about a month ago and has been occuring more frequently. It occurs near my pelvic area and is not the same as BH contractions, kicking, hiccuping or any other fetal movement. My OB doesn't have a satisfactory answer although she suggested it might be caused by a nerve quick firing. If anyone has figured this one out, please post!

ive heard it is your heartbeat echoing through the baby but not sure how

It's the baby practicing breathing. Has to be. This happened with my first and current. With my first my doc said it looked like she was breathing. I'm 36 weeks and I know for sure it's not hiccups. The hiccups feel much stronger. The practice breathing looks like a pulse, not mine and not his. It stops when he moves. Strange huh I'm going to try to record it.

Its your own heartbeat, its your decending aorta. If not PG this would be a sign of an decending aortic anurism but because the baby is where it is this is normal. :)

the baby is hiccupping, my doctor said its their way of practicing to breathe. they do hiccup very frequently dont worry about it.

NO it's not abdominal aorta pulse. My own heart rate is not in sync w this abdominal pulse (I'm a doctor too but in gen practice not ob.)

I'm 26 weeks and for the past two weeks or so, I've been having the pulsating feeling as well. I have a doctor apt coming up on the 19th so I'm going to ask her about it just to be safe. I don't have any pains or anything with it, it usually goes away in a few minutes, then my little boy goes back to kicking and squirming them goes to sleep. Maybe I'm feeling it now cause I'm farther along than they think? I've noticed that everyone in this post is feeling it closer to their due date. 

Your abdominal aorta is very large and pulsates. Check your pulse and see if they match. As there is more blood circulating in your body, along with increased pressure from your uterus it is likely that you are feeling your own pulse.

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and the doctors have told me the baby will be coming early as i had to have surgery about a month ago on my overies and they disturbed the process.. I'm getting this feeling and it is very strong should I be worried or seeking advice off my doctor?