I have a strange and very noticeable pulsing in my abdomen when I lay down. It is in time with my heartbeat, so I can guess what is causing it. I notice it sometimes when I sit too, but upon reclining it is worse. I start sleeping on my stomach, but I find it keeps me awake. My left leg has been falling asleep a lot and sort of aching, I suppose I'll let my doctor check it out. Has anyone experienced something like this?

Yes, I am and I think I've tracked down the cause of my strange abdominal pulsing. Very possibly it’s caused by Interstitial Cystitis. Basically I had these symptoms: frequency of urination, pain behind the pubic bone and I've been experiencing something like bladder spasms. From all I've read on it, the typical treatments don't work well at all, but I got scheduled exam for next week. I’ll let you done what diagnose is.

It feels like a have a baby kicking in my right lower abdomen but I'm certain that I am not pregnant. It feels as though it is pulsing especially when I recline. This is bothersome but not painful. What could it be?

You need to get it checked out, worst case scenario is an abdominal aneurysm.

I've been having pulsing sensations in my lower left side when i lie on my stomach as well. it keeps me awake sometimes. and my legs also fall asleep for no particular reason. it kinda annoying. if i push down on my abdomen with my fingers i can feel the pulsing. someone said that it might be a tumor b/c they tend to be full of blood vessels. O_O. i hope it isnt.

I have the exact same symptoms. I got to the toilet regular, i mean like every 20 mins to 30 mins even when i've not drank that much. I also have the weird pulsing thing going on with my stomach when i lay down or recline back. I have recently started to get pains in my stomach as well. Not sure of its related. Any one had any luck tracking down the cause?

I have been having the same problems! My right lower abdomen, near my pubic bone is so sore all of the time. i have constant pain in my stomach and my pubic area is constantly sore. I also have the pulsing in my stomach. I am often nauseous and bloated. I was scared I was pregnant, but there is no chance I am and I have taken multiple tests that have come back negative. I was diagnosed with IBS but I feel like the soreness is too low to be digestive problems. Any advice?! I am so worried.

I am so happy I'm not the only woman that is going through this, I did pregnancy test after pregnancy test, all negative, i was thinking  they might be wrong, the throbbing varies, from slightly trembling to looking like a third trimester baby is kicking inside of me, I sometimes feel a bulging feeling in my belly, when I lay on my stomach it hurts and it feel like a knot is in my tummy it is very uncomfortable, I sometimes pull a muscle when I sit certain ways, for a week now or so I have been having the urge to throw up, i get sleepy real fast(don't know if that has anything to do with it I always had low iron), I lost weight, but my belly is still fat and i can't understand how I could lose about twenty pounds since last year and not lose my belly, It still feels soft, and if I put my ashtray on my belly while laying down (that's how I first noticed it a few months back) the ash tray will move...so if you find out what this really is please tell me. I have been having regular bowel movements, and I do have a strong urge to pee like you...please help me it makes me scared that something will go wrong or burst and I wont know what to tell a doctor to look for.

Thanks a milli

Please rule out an aortic aneurysm, ask your doctor to look into it. My dad had a pulsing heart beat in his stomach and an ultra sound found it.

I have exactly same symptons, not affecting my legs at all though. Your description of the pulsating is exactly as I am experiencing. Have been seeing GP and specialists for 8 months, numerous tests showing nothing. Sending me to pain clinic.  Was your condition diagnosed at all ? Would appreciate any info .

Thanks Kay (64 yr old female)

Hello My name is Renee, I can relate with you on the same think with my stomach it feels as though there is a baby in there kicking away.  But definitely not pregnant I've had my tubes tied.  I also noticed that I've put on some weight.  Have you ever found out what the cause of this annoying pulsation is? 

I have the same symotoms. And I too have taken pg tests and theyve come out negative.

For 2-3 months I have experienced the same thing.  I'm fine when I'm up right, but very soon after laying down I start feeling a beating.  I previous thought it was my heart, but now I think it is just the top of my stomach.  Also, my fingers and hands start falling asleep for no reason.  It is very annoying and it has woken me up from a sound sleep.  I tried to go see a gasterologist, but was told I had to see a regular doctor first, even thought my insurance doesn't require that I do that.  I guess I'm going to have to do something though.  It does not seem to be going away.  I have also had loose stool for that same amount of time.  God only knows.  Some people have suggested it is just menopause.  I guess that is possible.  I'm 43.

so glad im not the only one....